Max Volume

Silent Starter

Max Volume

All,

I am happy with my lenses but am curious if anyone else thinks the max volume is too low. Given that we don’t have a bunch of functionality at the moment i think listening to music at a decent volume is important. Thoughts?
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Max Volume

Hi Adan,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

We're very excited to see you're enjoying the Bose Frames!

We designed the product to provide you with great sound in an open-ear form factor. They provide clear, robust audio that doesn't cover your ears and no one else can hear.

Can you let us know which version you chose and the type of environments you're using them in?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thanks Joel.  I have the Alto frames.  I have been listening walking down the street. There is traffic so I can understand that it is not super loud.  I just feel like the max volume is still a bit too low.

Hi Adan,

Thanks for replying.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us on how you're using Bose Frames!

I will be sure to pass this feedback along to development about the volume being too low.

If you have any other questions or feedback, be sure to let us know.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I have the same issue.  Have the square frames.  Cannot even walk and listen to books on tape as the max vol is too low.  You CAN alter this in your SW.  Please consider an update to increase volume.  You can tell people that the max volume may overdrive the speakers for music and music should not be boosted to max vol.  BUT for useful phone conversations and books on tape you need to drive these up by 25% or so.  

Community Manager

Hi StarManager,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the audio experience, but would be happy to help!

• Can you let us know what type of mobile device you're using with the Frames?
  • Have you been able to test the level with a different mobile device?
  • Does the source content have an independent volume control?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Team,

I am facing the same issue with the volume on my Oneplus6T. Is there any way we can amplify the volume.

The phone calls seem to have voice breaking issue as well. Kindly revert back to me with a viable solution. Thanks.

Hi Adityachilka, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Currently we are liaising with our development team regarding the audio level.

With regards to the voice breaking, could you provide some further information about this issue?

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I OTA upgraded my Bose Frames firmware last week. The max volume now seems lower than it was. For example I can now only listen to podcasts with my pixel 2 on max volume it there it's no ambient noise at all. Would be great if functionality were added to the Bose Connect app to make max volume adjustable.

Hi everyone,

If you take a look at THIS thread, it displays the change log for the most recent update. We haven't changed any volume settings or Digital Signal Processing within the frames so there shouldn't be any different in max volume. If anybody else has this issue please let us know so we can further report this.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support