Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

My bose frames keep dying fourth now

I'm in my fourth frames. Good news is I got them at Best Buy with their replacement warranty. Bad news is at 50 bucks each time these frames are costing me so far 400 bucks. They work fine for about 3 months then they act up. First they connect then disconnect within 30 seconds, then they won't take charge of respond to short or long presses. I've had it. And I spent hundreds more one prescription lenses from the one online provided they recommended

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: My bose frames keep dying fourth now

Hi Roger,

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered issues with your Bose Frames more than once. Each product you buy from Bose will come with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, under which issues can be resolved and your product serviced. Be sure to use the provided cable for charging, and if you're ever having difficulty powering or using your product, please reach out to Bose support directly who'll be more than happy to help you fix your issue.

Did you keep your Frames product firmware up-to-date HERE, to help the product received all feature releases and bug fixes?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

So one week in and my 5th frames just died!!!

Yes I use the cable provided. No I don't ever let them get wet.

Always charge overnight and only wear it for 2-3 hours in the morning at the gym so charge never drops below 40-50%

Is there any way to reset or reboot?.

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear that Roger. The best method to reset the Frames is to push the latest firmware, which you've already tried.

What power source are you connecting your Frames when charging them?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

This isn't a power source problem I always use the bose cable and I now have 6 of them!!!

this last set quit with 70% power. NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I PUSH THE BUTTON. Long or short press makes no difference. Also... My mistake I'm now on my 6th set..

Here are the purchase and replacement dates

June 22 2019
Nov 25 2019
Feb 18 2020
July 25 2020
Sep 2nd 2020
Nov 6th 2020

And this last set is now DEAD!

Highlighted

@Roger Barbosa I understand your frustrations. It's not just about using the dedicated Bose cable. What do you have it connected to? A USB port, or an AC Plug? It's important that we ensure the power supply is suitable for the Frames, for example, we advise against using fast charging AC plugs for this device. 

Additionally, you have a 1-year warranty with Bose. Please contact our local support team for further assistance with this. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

So...

1.I am not using a fast charging plug

2. I have tried multiple plug options

3. Instructions say absolutely nothing about fast charging.

4. This is not a charging issue. Last two frames went dead at 70% charge. It still just not respond to a short press or a long press. Dead! Leaving it alone unplugged for days makes no difference. Leaving it plugged overnight makes no difference. Removing it from my phone bluetooth list makes no difference.

6 frames in less than 2 years

199 plus 6 times 50 is 500 bucks

Highlighted

As you may or may not know, your Bose product will come with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty. If you reach out to Bose support, we're always happy to look into replacing your Frames under warranty without charge if we feel the issue is unresolvable.

I would strongly recommend reaching out to the team so we can help fix the issue you're having and help you get hold of a new set of Frames, so you can continue to enjoy your music! Let me know if you have any queries regarding this.