Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

New frames S/L won’t connect to Bose connect app?

I have a new pair of Frame Alto and can’t connect them to the Bose connect app, I can connect them to my iPhone XS via Bluetooth, by pressing the button I only get power on and holding the button down again I get power off (no Siri).

i’ve also tried using my MacBook Pro to get Bose updater but nothing.

overseas tech support wasn’t very helpful with no trouble shooting at all.

when connected via Bluetooth I get music but not the other features, I have a pair M/L that connect to the app so I’m aware of the functions, these are the S/M (can anyone help)?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: New frames S/L won’t connect to Bose connect app?

Hey @Zedster,

To confirm, were you able to visit the Bose updater site HERE, and check for, or push, the latest firmware to your Frames? Was the update successful or did the page not recognize your device?

Have you tried forgetting the Frames on your iPhone, and then trying to connect to the Bose app once more, or even possibly connecting to the app on a different cellphone?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Hi and thank you for your reply,

I have disconnected the Bluetooth from my iPhone and downloaded the app on my iPad Pro and it still didn’t recognise it, on my MacBook Pro I got the updated file but it didn’t load onto the sunglasses.

i have registered the frames and the serial number is authentic, I already have a pair (M/L) and bought these brand new in the S/M which is a much better fit.

I’ve read the troubleshooting and the user manual but it doesn’t really cover this topic and the overseas tech support always seem to misunderstand and it just becomes frustrating.

Highlighted

@Zedster Thanks for getting back to us! Could you please clear the pairing list on your Frames by following these steps:

1. Power your Frames on
  2. On the right temple, press and hold the button until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared,” (about 10 seconds)
  3. Delete your Frames from the Bluetooth list on your device. All devices are cleared, and the Frames are ready to connect.

Ensure that you are running the latest version of the Bose Connect app and then try to connect through this method.

Let me know how this goes.

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Hi,

this is becoming a real headache, they do not delete the listed connections.

when I press the button they only turn on and when pressed again they power off, there’s no power notification, they don’t connect through the app but I can connect them through my iPhones Bluetooth menu.

I can play music with a single press but nothing else (a long press turned them off), there’s no Siri or voice control if I want to make a call or control anything through voice control.

I’ve had a M/L pair for about a year so I’m familiar with all the functions and I’ve updated the firmware on them which I can’t do on the S/M, I’m absolutely at a loss as how to fix them and get them working as they should.

Does Bose have a service center in Sydney where I can send them for repair or replacement?

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear that this persists. 

I would suggest you reach out to your local Bose product support team where an agent can assist you further. For support in Australia, please follow this link for our contact details. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!