Personalization option with Transition Lenses

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Personalization option with Transition Lenses

Please offer a lens personalization option with transition lenses:

https://new.transitions.com/en-us/products

I would love to get mirror red transition lenses that are sunglasses outdoor and turn clear / light for indoor use.

7 REPLIES 7
Audible Advocate

Re: Personalization option with Transition Lenses

sassygirl - you can do it yourself. I upgraded to Transitions Xtractive Grey precription lenses

by sending my Frames to an online lens replacement retailer. I don't think the Community approves

of naming the retailer, but just google.

Audible Advocate

Thanks omg_robots!  I’ll look for an online place to send in my frames too.  I haven’t had the time to look for a local place to replace the lenses.

Hello Sassygirl,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I wouldn't recommend replacing the lens in the Bose Frames as it voids the warranty for the product, so should there be an issue with the Frames you will not be covered under warranty if the original parts have been replaced.

I hope this helps, should you need any further advice please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C -Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Zoe_C - Bose's position on lens replacement voiding the Frames warranty is short-sighted.

While I applaud Boses's vision and engineering chops, I don't see how a professional online

lens replacement service that makes Frames more than a novelty for people imperfect

eyesight advances your strategy. Does Bose really want to be in the lens business?

I had thought advancing Frames as an AR and acoustic platform was your focus.

Audible Advocate

I already sent my Bose Frames in for professional lens replacement to Transition Mirrored lens.  I'm going to take the warranty risk.  Wearing the standard Bose lens is too boring.

Audible Advocate

Sassygirl - just wondering how your mirrored lenses worked out. Assuming your lens replacement professional returned the original lenses, it is easy to return the Frames to stock condition by swapping back the original lenses.

Audible Advocate

Well, I was expecting the Transitions Mirrored Lenses to be deeper blue where people can't see my eyes outdoors.  On the Transitions website it looked that way, but in reality, you can see my eyes even in the sunlight.  Whereas my Oakley mirrored blues do not show my eyes to others.  The Transition lenses cost me $250 from a local eye doctor.  It is very easy to pop out the Bose Frames lenses and pop the new ones in.

BoseFrames_Blue_Mirror_Transitions_Office.jpgTransitions mirrored blue on Bose Frames - Office lightBoseFrames_Blue_Mirror_Transitions_Outside_to_Indoor.jpgTransitions mirrored blue on Bose Frames - Just stepped indoorsOakley_Blue_Mirror_01.jpgOakley Mirrored Blue lenses