tlark50
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Prescription Lenses for Bose Frames Alto

I would like to purchase Bose Frames Alto, but I need prescription lenses.  Has Bose developed a partnership with a lens company that allows customers to obtain prescription lenses yet?  If not, when does Bose hope to achieve this option for it's loyal customers?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Prescription Lenses for Bose Frames Alto

Hi tlark50, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

This isn't something that is currently available with the Frames Alto. To maintain the warranty of your Bose Frames, lenses can only be replaced with authorized or approved lenses like the Bose Lens Collection. We are exploring partnerships to allow for prescription lenses under the warranty, but there are no approved channels for this yet.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions about your Frames please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted

Re: Prescription Lenses for Bose Frames Alto

Hi tlark50,

I'm happy to let you know we do have an update about prescription lenses for your Frames. 

As of 12/19/19 Bose Frames are now "prescription-ready" in the United States! This means for existing and new customers in the US only, your warranty will now be upheld should you choose to add prescription lenses (sunglasses or other) to your Bose Frames through any licensed prescription lens installer, regardless of the date you purchased them. More information on this can be found HERE.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.