Highlighted
kath5900
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

Prescription Lenses

Can prescription lenses be put in these sunglasses?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Prescription Lenses

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello kath5900,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!!

We appreciate your inquiry about Bose Frames.

To maintain the warranty of your Bose Frames, lenses can only be replaced with authorized or approved lenses like the Bose Lens Collection. We are exploring partnerships to allow for prescription lenses under the warranty, but there are no approved channels for this yet.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

134 REPLIES 134

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hello kath5900,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!!

We appreciate your inquiry about Bose Frames.

To maintain the warranty of your Bose Frames, lenses can only be replaced with authorized or approved lenses like the Bose Lens Collection. We are exploring partnerships to allow for prescription lenses under the warranty, but there are no approved channels for this yet.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

arnimal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

would not someone like lens crafters beable to put a set of lens in the glasses. 

kbhit
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2016

We have the same question.  To be clear, we don't care if Bose offers the prescription lenses.  We are fine with a 3rd party (e.g. eye doctor) ordering and installing the lenses.  So essentially we need to know (a) if the lenses are removable  (b) the dimensions of the lenses  (c) confirm warranty will be ok.  Similar to our Oakley's it's a pretty streamlined process, but prescriptions are a must.

Hello all,

Thank you for your follow up questions. We are currently unable to support any use of third-party lenses. As any unauthorized modifications to Bose Frames will void the warranty, we do not have any added measurements to share aside from what has been posted publicly on Bose.com:

Frames Alto: 58 - 22 - 150, rectangular lens
(Lens width - Bridge width - Temple length)

Frames Rondo: 56 - 20 - 140, round lens
(Lens width - Bridge width - Temple length)

We thank you again for your interest and your feedback. 

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

kbhit
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2016

This is very helpful.  Even though it may void Bose warranty, do you know if people have used those dimensions to successfully prescriptionize their Bose glasses?  Looking forward to giving it a shot (polarized + prescription) as I have an eye doctors appointment this month.

Tomax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

I just want to go on record as being VERY interested in these frames WITH prescription lenses! Unfortunately they are useless to me otherewise and I have to believe there are MANY people who feel the same way. Please forward to the powers that be. Thank you!

-Tom

fmodica
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

I just got the glasses and they are pretty good.  However,  not being able to get my prescription in them  prevents me from using them often.  Transitional lenses would make the most sense; I can wear them indorrs and outdoors.  I cant understand why the lenses void the warrantee.   I hope they reconsider this rule; Ill haveto return my pair.

Hello,

We appreciate all of the inquiries and posts!

I can assure you all that we have passed this feedback along to development.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

jackcastro2000@hotmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

I own several Bose products and today received a promotional email about the frames.  I got very excited and the first thing I wanted to know was if I can make prescription lenses for it.  If not, they are useless. 

I hpe you get this resolved.