Prescription Lenses

SOLVED
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorHector_B
Audible Advocate

Re: Prescription Lenses

Como puedo hacerlo? Entro a la pagina de glassesUSA y despues?
Audible Advocate

Estoy esperando que arreglen esto lo antes posible necesito poner mis recetas en los Frame Bose Por favor!
SWG
Quiet Contributor

I totally agree! Love my frames and looking forward to transition lenses!
Silent Starter

I just had transitional bi focal lenses put in my Bose frames greatest personal listening device ever thanks Bose
Highlighted
im5
Audible Advocate

@smithlb That is fantastic!  Were there any issues from the person who installed the lenses? (Or did you do them yourself?) Are they tinted to act as sunglasses or just the prescription?

Being near-sighted, I want VERY much to wear these as sunglasses, but without the limitation of only wearing them when I put on contacts!

Quiet Contributor

This thread is great, with good information.

I would like to add that just today I chatted with Bose support on their website and this is what Bose chatted back when I asked them a similar question about my eye doctor putting in Rx lenses:

They [generic eye doctor] have special instruments to measure the lenses of the frames. A professional ophthalmologist would know how to measure it."

Again, that response was from the person on the other end of the chat with Bose.

M S
Audible Advocate

When is Bose going to market an eyeglass product for prople with a narrow bridge?

We need your eyeglasses to have nose pads.  Please bring one to market.  Thank you.

Hi M S, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

This isn't something that I have seen many users suggested, however I would love to pass this suggestion onto our development team for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Yes, replacing lenses will void the warranty, but with transition/prescription lenses provided at a total cost of $78, you can expand the locations where you can use the glasses to include indoors. Bose doesn't want the names advertised but searching the web and you can easily find places that do this. I got this price on a Memorial Day sale, so you may need to wait a bit. 

Others have requested nose pads. You can easily find those on the web too as I have. No doubt the demand for these features will prompt a marketing response from Bose. 

M S
Audible Advocate

I started wearing Rx glasses in grade school.  A lot of people did.

@Pad9560 wrote:

I would suggest you press this issue with the development team, as the ones with the disposable income to afford these glasses are likely to be over 40 and therefore need proscription glasses. I would further suggest that these glasses are useful for use indoors on the train etc and therefore why only available as sunglasses, more options would increase sales and provide a better product for your customers. I like the development but we need more options with this product. Looking forward to the next generation product.