Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Prescription Lenses

I asked the German helpdesk if an optician could replace the lenses with prescription lenses. I was told that it was possible, but it would void the warranty. This seems to be an unnecessary limitation. The supplied lenses are not part of the electronics. what should replacing them void the warranty? if I use custom made buds on my qc20 earphones, is my warranty then also forfeited? Does Bose not know how many people out there wear prescription (corrective) sunglasses? 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Besides, if you have prescription lenses installed and a usually warranty covered issue with the electronics happens, what/ who is stopping you from putting back the original lenses and requesting support from Bose? And more importantly, how on earth will they now that you ever had other lenses installed? The whole thing with the warranty doesn't make much sense and shouldn't stop people from mounting prescription lenses.

Hey Cosmic.hobo, do you know where to get right sized prescription lenses for Frames Alto in Germany? I live there and want the Glasses real bad, but they aren't an option without prescription lenses.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Hi Diego,

I would ask Fielmann. I have had lenses made to measure by them to fit existing ray-ban frames and it worked out perfectly. They didn't even blink an eye. I'm thinking of getting corrective photochromatic lens (they turn dark in sunlight but they won't work in the car because the car glass blocks the rays that change the lenses colours)  Of course it would be great if you could ask a bose dealer if you could buy the frames on the condition that you could return them for a refund if Filemann can't supply crrective lenses. Keep me posted please!

@Diego Alachiste wrote:
Besides, if you have prescription lenses installed and a usually warranty covered issue with the electronics happens, what/ who is stopping you from putting back the original lenses and requesting support from Bose? And more importantly, how on earth will they now that you ever had other lenses installed? The whole thing with the warranty doesn't make much sense and shouldn't stop people from mounting prescription lenses.

Hey Cosmic.hobo, do you know where to get right sized prescription lenses for Frames Alto in Germany? I live there and want the Glasses real bad, but they aren't an option without prescription lenses.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

FYI - if you live where a 1-hour (or similarly "fast") glasses place exists, the people at that facility who fabricate (actually "cut") the premade lenses to fit your prescription can tell you whether or not they can cut to meet the Bose Frames shape. 

The only drawback is that there are no 1-hour polychromatic (darkening) lenses that I'm aware of, so you'd need to get the regular lenses and couldn't have Rx sunglasses or color changing lenses made. You would not know for sure until after shipping aware your treasured Frames if the lenses could be fit. 

I suspect the answer is this is an easy fit because of the way Bose already sells different lenses for both Frames models. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

You can actually get them at GlassesUSA.com.  They have lens made specificly for the Bose Frames.  It takes about 2-3 weeks to get but they do them. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I couldn't agree more. I bought the glasses and can't even find the music app let alone choose a music or a playlist.
I need two glasses what makes things worse than using headphones.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Since Bose sell other lenses in different colours I believe they are interchangeable.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I bought the blue Rondo lenses as an accessory , does it mean I can't change the lenses my self ? What do I do to keep the garanty
Highlighted

Hi Mbmanfredi, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

To maintain the warranty of your Bose Frames, lenses can only be replaced with authorized or approved lenses like the Bose Lens Collection that you have purchased. We are exploring partnerships to allow for prescription lenses under the warranty, but there are no approved channels for this yet. I would recommend checking out this video here for how to change your Frames lenses. 

If you have any further questions please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

So Bose Staff at my local Bose mall store immediately said I could get RX lenses at GlassesUSA without any warranty disclaimers. would that not clearly state the warranty remains if you do that?

(Also, just a thought, just in case, one might keep the original non RX lenses and if glasses fail, pop out your expensive RX lenses, pop back in the non RX lenses and process the warranty claim... who's to know)

For the record I AM NOT getting RX lenses on my new Rondo Bose glasses that are totally useless to me because I need progressive lenses