Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Can we change lenses in Bose Frames?

I do wear spectacles, So may I know whether I can change the lenses of Bose frames into my prescription lenses? Will it effect to any functions of the frame?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Re: Prescription Lenses

I think we can able put the original lens back to frame. So there is no problem with warranty

@Bogden wrote:

I went to a local vision and eyeglass center.  Bose doesn't want us to reference company names (understood) but they are all over the country and advertise on TV.  I had Polycarbonate progressive Transitions Xtractive lenses installed with my prescription (about 300 bucks with insurance).  They look and work great.  No problems, they used the stock sunglass lenses and frames to size the new ones.  They told me they just popped the old ones out and popped the new ones in.  Took about a week.  The vision center had me fill out a waiver in case there were problems, no big deal.  When I picked them up, the technician told me how impressed she and others in the office were and wanted to know where I bought the frames.  I told her I ordered them direct from Bose.  I think she is going to buy some herself (Commission?  LOL)

If you do this, Bose will void the warranty on the frames but not a big deal for me.

. 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2017

Does anyone know if companies in the UK put prescription lenses in ? I understand you cant name drop, just as “yes, if you need to Save your Specs” will suffice. I contacted the first company I googled to do it online and they told me they could do it as they use heat to change the lenses and this would harm the frames, so ideally I’d like to walk into a high street shop and get it done.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

@cosmic.hobo wrote:

to be very honest, i‘d like to hear the Product Manager for the Frames collection explain how they seemed to overlook the obvious need for Rx lenses. They seem to have ignored a giant portion of the population and mystified customers worldwide. Last week in Singapore I was talking with some friends and they were disappointed that the situation „warranty voided or not“ was so unclear. I saw a post from a Bose moderator in this thread that they‘re working on a solution for the US market but no date is set. He / She also reiterated that the warranty would be voided if lenses other than their own or from a Bose reccomended supplier were installed. No mention of international markets. I‘ve had many Bose products over the years, 5 units at home now, but I have never experienced such confusion at Bose before. 

I'm not a product manager but as an attorney, I can tell you it was almost certainly legal issues that got in the way. Bose knows nothing about eye care or manufacturing lenses. If any problems arise out of prescription glasses, even if it's not Bose's fault, they would be liable for them. This is also why they say it voids the warranty to use other lenses. If the other lenses give you trouble, Bose needs to be able to show that they specifically told us not to use 3rd party lenses. They don't actually care if you use them or not. But they need to show that they didn't encourage you to use them. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

FYI - I had mine swapped out and I LOVE THEM! 

Sure, the 3.5 hours of talk time totally sucks, am my guess is it's much closer to 2.5 hours, but that's what you get for being an early adopter. The eyeglass place wouldn't cut the lenses until I told them they would be held without liability if they broke the frames. The lenses are great - I love the look and I love having glasses that are bluetooth. 

Sorry Bose, you're being silly to say it's a warranty violation. Anyone could just pop back in the sunglass lenses and send them in, and just buy the frames on a card like my AMEX Platinum anyway - warranty covers even if Bose rejects. 

🙂 

IMG_0025.jpg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

You are giving hope and confidence to buy now? Are you able to pop out the prescription lenses that you have taken like the ones which Bose provided?

Pavan

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Folks that are already using it as prescription eyeglasses. Can you share your experience from daily use?

how long does the battery last if you are not continously using it. (3.5 hours sounds good if you want to use it for phone calls)

it has no nose pads, does it stay secure or slips down the nose? any siliconnose pad for preventing that?

any experience you can share is good.

Sorry Bose, you have done a very poor job with such a great product that has endless possibilites. this forum is talking just about how warranty is void if you use prescription. lame IMO.

@ChristopherLarkin wrote:

FYI - I had mine swapped out and I LOVE THEM! 

Sure, the 3.5 hours of talk time totally sucks, am my guess is it's much closer to 2.5 hours, but that's what you get for being an early adopter. The eyeglass place wouldn't cut the lenses until I told them they would be held without liability if they broke the frames. The lenses are great - I love the look and I love having glasses that are bluetooth. 

Sorry Bose, you're being silly to say it's a warranty violation. Anyone could just pop back in the sunglass lenses and send them in, and just buy the frames on a card like my AMEX Platinum anyway - warranty covers even if Bose rejects. 

🙂 

IMG_0025.jpg

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

I swapped out my lenses in January for Transition progressive lenses. They have worked great and have made Bose Frames useful for me instead of a novelty. With regard to useful life, 3 hours seems about right. On the plus side, recharging is very quick. Yes. They do slip.I will need to look in to a silicon pad!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

I've heard from a few people here in Europe who have swapped the supplied lenses for progressive lenses at their local opticians. No problem at all. It seems to be such an easy fix for a blatantly obvious problem. I don't understand why Bose has made such a fuss about it. I'll be getting mine in September when I'm back home from this tour. Will head straight for my local opticians. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

How about we start a wish list for the next Frames versions? which features would you like to have added to the present sku? let's let our collective imaginations run wild. 🙂

I'd like to see a small LED in the upper outside corner of each lens. When I use google maps to guide me through a new town, the light blinks to tell me to turn left or right.

how about a caller id appearing in the lens when some one calls? 

I'm guessing at least two people would like silicone pads to prevent slipping.