Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Re: Prescription Lenses

cosmic - as a suggestion, could you start the wish list as a separate topic?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

hi omg, good idea! will do.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Thanks for the photo - that certainly makes me optimistic about getting my prescription lenses installed on these frames!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

thx folks, i will try the Rondo frame and planning to work with glasses usa on the lens

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

I would like a UK supplier as well.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

I think since all the magic sound stuff is in the arms (temple pieces), why not just unscrew the arms and swap them out to some other glasses. Shouldn't be too hard to find a match.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2019

To Donhere:

I don’t own a pair of these yet, but it would seem me that there would HAVE to be a wired connection between the two temple pieces. If for no other reason to at least provide electrical power to both sides for battery charging as there appears to be only single connection port (on right side) to charge the glasses. Even IF all communication between the two sides are wireless (which I doubt, but don’t really know), somehow at least power has to get to the opposite side of the charging port equipped right temple to at least charge the battery that would need to be in the left temple to run the electronics on the left side.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Absolutely love my Bose Frames now that I have prescription lenses installed.  I have a progressive prescription (no-line bifocals) and transition lenses, i.e. they are clear indoor and turn dark (sunglasses) outdoor.  VisionWorks did the work for me in about 3 hours.  Initially they told me they were unable to do it, they had tried twice before with other customers and the lenses fell out.  The breakthru was the frame dimensions Bose provided in an earlier post in this forum.  I started to just have them make the lenses for me and I'd install them myself, but when I gave them the dimensions they were able to make and install the lenses without a problem.  I've had them for about a week post installation of the new lenses and I went jogging today - no issues.  Then lenses stayed put.  When the lenses are clear they do make the frames look larger but I'm a big guy so no issues, also others have said even with that "issue" the frames look fine no matter the size of the wearer.  So I wouldn't let that disude me if you're considering making the modification.

One thing I miss is the ability to sync to two devices simeltaneously.  Before getting the Bose Frames I would use my Jabra earbuds when I went running.  Since I have two phones, work and personal, I like the Jabra feature that allows you to sync two devices.  So my recommendation/ask to Bose would be to add that feature.  

p.s. one thing I forgot to mention, VisionWorks, like apparently a lot of eyewear providers, is consolidating their labs and shutting down most of them in favor of outside labs.  I had to try several stores before I found the one in my area that still had an in-house lab.  Even then they only had in-stock one type of the four types of transition lenses they offer.  Luckily it was the trype I wanted.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

This is just so silly.  Target is now carrying the frames.  I would have no reason to buy different colored lenses. I can't imagine why Bose would start with those rather than a selection of reader lenses.  My guess for now is that readers may draw attention to the short battery life. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

As well as prescription glasses, can Bose add a simple blue light lens to their collection so I can wear these in an office environment.