Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Re: Prescription Lenses

Bose now has an option to have lenses made by lensabl.com and they can do progressives but not transitions. So apparently this is the partnership they were mentioning, but strange they won’t allow clear or transition for the Bose frames at lensabl.com, also pretty pricey. Seems like a local lab would be best

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

It also overlooks the fact that BOSE sells the Frames all over the world but lensabl.com only ships to US and Canada. Fat lot of good that does the rest of is. 
Fortunately most local optometrists are happy to install and if one says no, there’s usually another around the corner who is happy to oblige.

I imagine that further dilutes the validity of their attempted warranty exclusion as well. ”You can only use our lenses from our cheap Chinese factory, or the lenses from this one online place that makes no effort to check the fit or quality of the finished product but not other lenses from qualified optometrists who actually make an effort to ensure the lenses are properly installed and fitted.” Good luck enforcing that!

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Make sure you check out this thread for an update on prescription lenses and warranties.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

rip :

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

South Florida place to get prescription lenses

I, too, live in South Florida and love my glasses, but can't use without prescription lenses; please let me know if you find someone you trust who can order and put in prescription lenses, thanks.

Highlighted

Re: South Florida place to get prescription lenses

Hey MnMjanie, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

We would recommend purchasing through Lensabl, you can find the Bose Frames lenses via this link here

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

I got my Bose Frames for Xmas 2019.  I considered taking them back since I don't spend too much time outdoors where sunglasses are used.  Instead I ordered a set of +1.25 reading lenses from lensesRX that allow me to wear them indoors and at work.  they fit perfectly and are of very good optical quality.  I can wear them all day in front of two large computer monitors without any eye fatigue.  I also had them made with blue light blocking coating so that makes them even better.  They are my favorite pair of reading glasses now, and I can still pop the dark lenses in if I'll be outdoors.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

So I wanted the frames so bad to use at work and for hiking but don't wear prescription lenses. Took a risk on clear frames and super happy I did! They are amazing, I get the warranty issue but I rock these for hiking all the time now. Made a youtube video to share them as well, revolutionary frames Bose, keep pushing longer battery life.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Can you share the link of the video please?

Pavan

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Didn’t think I was aloud to share links. If it doesn’t work just search hiking and Bose frames. 

https://youtu.be/TdPxvl-aLdg

Clear non-prescription lenses in video for Rondo - https://amzn.to/2RN17Fn Clear non-prescription lenses in video for Alto - https://amzn.to/2OlJGtw Today's ...