Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Prescription Lenses

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Bose Frames. Our Frames sold in Australia are not “inferior” to those sold in other regions. They meet applicable quality standards for audio sunglasses and are protected under a manufacturer’s warranty. The reason US customers have the ability to purchase our Frames and alter them with prescription lenses is that prescription lenses are subject to different regulations outside of the United States, and Bose is in the process of addressing the regulatory differences to enable it to expand its prescription solution. We hope we have answered your question, if you have a specific concern, please contact Bose support in your region directly.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Hmmm.... you have been that is Bose have been saying this for a long old time, with the advent of COVID-19  and more folks like me who use a computer all day I would so love this product BUT with prescription lenses or just bog standard reading glass lenses I will take 2.5 right now... and you can have my hard earned dollar I have tried and failed to get interest from the Bose exec team on this, trust me it will work, test and learn  _ I will happily test for you and feedback..... contact me...

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wayne_M

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your interest in Prescription Lens for Bose Audio Sunglasses! We know many people are interested in this topic, so we have a guide for it here: Bose Frames Prescription Lenses Guide.

This guide will have the most up-to-date information regarding your warranty and prescription lens for your Bose Frames, so please check it out and let us know in the comments if you have any questions!

The below is accurate as of October 16th, 2020:

Alto and Rondo are "prescription-ready" in the United States, meaning your warranty will now be upheld should you choose to add prescription lenses to your Bose Frames through any licensed prescription lens installer in the US only. Soprano, Tenor, and Tempo are "prescription-ready" worldwide. Some limitations may apply.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post