andradeluis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

Re: Prescription Lenses

Well, me too. I will buy if I can get my prescription lenses, otherwise it would be useless.

kbhit
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2016

Received them yesterday, they look good and sound great.  However I can't tell if the lenses are removable since there are no obvious screws.  If I bend the frames enough, maybe I can pop them off from the top?  Don't want to break them so waiting on somebody's you-tube video.  It would be helpful to know in general if there is a preferred method to pop them off (even if the warranty is voided).  

shackattack
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

i called up bose and from what i was told we can put in our own lenses they do pop out but it will void the warrenty. Compared to other high ened frames the price is great for the frames i will be popping in my own lenses in them this week

Brittz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

With these being some of the coolest innovative glasses on the market, and from Bose you have to have a way for people to be able to make them available for prescription lenses to be put in. I'm so surprised Bose didn’t introduce this as an option with these glasses...I love my prescription Ray Bans, but I’d love to have these if only I could have prescription lenses so I could see.....

Hi all,

We do appreciate all the inquiries and feedback. It has been passed along to our engineering dept!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

jackcastro2000@hotmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

SHACKATTACK, can you confirm you were able to pop the glass out?  I will buy a 2 pairs as soon as I know it is possible.  Thanks.

Hello All,

Thank you for the posts.

We are currently unable to support any use of third-party lenses as any unauthorized modifications to Bose Frames will void the warranty.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

andradeluis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2019

What if I do not make any modification to the frame, but instead use my prescription lenses? I mean, the frame will remain the same, no modifications at all.

Hello andradeluis,

Our apologies for any confusion. The product itself is called Bose Frames, and so any modifications made to the product would void the warranty.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

jackcastro2000@hotmail.com
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

Joel, I understand about the warranty. I do not care about the warranty, jut want to know if the glass can be removed.  Please confirm that.  Thanks.