stryder1974
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Re: Prescription Lenses

Wow! A month and a half wait on lenses. I am going to pass on ordering from them. I’ll see if Costco can to lenses only with the ones that are included with the frames. I need prescription or this is a no go for me! Thank you for the quick response!

Matchmaker
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

I finally went into my local optician and had progressive lenses put in. I also opted for Transition lenses (self-darkening).  Took a week and I LOVE the result. While I wish the battery was longer-lasting in the frames, that is one of the few downsides.  I know this doesn't help those south of the border as I am in Toronto. I suppose you could send the frames to them but they do a bunch of facial measurements when fitting the lenses to the frames.  I used LF Optical Warehouse on Sunrise.  I have bought several frames from them, they have made many repairs for me and I find them really good people to deal with.

stryder1974
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

I am in Toronto, so that works for me! Thank you!

Matchmaker
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

Make sure you use the Sunrise location. They are the ones that know how to handle it. Watch out for the Saturday hours, they are only open from 10-2:00 (I think).  The warehouse also has a great selection of frames including some very cool Martin& Martin samples from Germany.

bjahmed
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Ive looked everywhere for a solution for this. 

Ive found a 3rd party company that do polarized or clear lenses for the Alto and the Rondo. (no prescriptions though) but at least it solves the issue of going indoors and outdoors using clear. Lenses are awesome!

https://sublimeoptics.com/catalogsearch/result?q=bose

Another solution is to take the lenses out when indoors for a long time. With a bit of practice its really easy to do. I cant see how it would void the warranty either since its a pop in / pop out lens and warranty returns would never be able to detect this. It also has no effect on any functional or structural aspects of the frame itself

JimTheFlowerGuy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

GlassesUSA offers lenses for the Bose Alto and Rondo glasses.

One work of caution--- the Alto lenses only fit the Medium/Large frames. I ordered them for my Alto Small/Medium frames and the lenses do not fit.

Thanks!
Jim

stryder1974
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

That’s what I needed to know and GlassesUSA didn't seem to understand that there are two sizes per models. Thank you very much for letting me know about this, Jim. It is much appreciated!

YanivC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

SunglassesUSA happens to be the worst choice you could make for your Bose. For just a little more you can go to an optometrist and get it done right with MUCH better service. I ordered from GlassesUSA with transition lenses and they didn't change. It took over a month to get them and then I had to ship back and wait AGAIN over a month to get garbage again. Do yourself a favor and avoid them. 

stryder1974
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Morning and thank you for the heads up. Based on my conversation with GlassesUSA and not knowing that there are two sizes per model, I felt a little Leary in dealing with them. Your suggestion solidified my final answer. I will not be dealing with GlassesUSA.

thanks! 

LensesRx Optical
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Hello everyone, 

One of my customer's has directed my attention to this forum. So, I just made an account to post some information that may be of use to someone. My Company LensesRx Optical is a full service optical lab and happens to be one of the top 3 eyeglass lens replacement companies in the United States.

That being said, we replace lenses for all 3 Bose(tm) audio sunglasses for many months now. We can manufacture them in just about any prescription and with many options (Transitions, Polarized, basic Tint and Anti-Reflective).

We usually handle them under the "Eyeglasses" Package as they have very basic lens base curve and easy groove to snap lenses in (This also saves you money).

I'm fairly certain if I post the url to my company page this post will be blocked for spam so you can just google my company or send me a private message and I will be able to help you out further. 

Simple prescription clear lenses would cost about $30 shipped with color tint an additional $30 (Discounts available)

Please note, if you have been wearing your audio sunglasses for more than a month we may ask you to send your glasses to our lab for proper tracing and our technicians to do the lens replacement for you just to be safe.