Highlighted
significance
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Safe listening volume

I will be using my new Frames a lot and want to make sure that my hearing is protected. What is the maximum safe volume if I will be listening for an hour or more? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Safe listening volume

Hi Significance, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

Safe listening volumes are normally indicated on your Smart Phone or listening device. Most devices will warn you through a message on the screen or they will have an orange or red marker to let you know. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

significance
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Hi, thanks for your reply, but I don't think this is accurate. My phone can tell me what volume is safe when I use the earphones that came with the phone, but they have no way of knowing how much a third-party product might boost the sound or how far the speakers are from my ear drums. So only Bose can tell me what is a safe listening volume for my Bose Frames. 50%?

Hi Significance,

Thank you for coming back to us! 

We do not have a set volume level for this Product. They are safe to use at any volume for short amounts of time, however, should not be used at high volumes for sustained lengths of time. The Owners Guide safety instructions specify that the Frames should not be used ar a high volume for an extended period. To avoid hearing damage, use the Frames at a comfortable, moderate Volume Level. Turn the volume down on your device before wearing the Frames and turn the volume up gradually until you reach a comfortable listening level. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to assist you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O