Highlighted
LowkeyNemo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

So... is Bose AR dead?

There haven't been any meaningful updates for Android users in months (that's likely most of your potential customer base right there). There are still only 6 AR apps advertised on the site. Maybe there are more. Wouldn't know. Don't have an iPhone. And the only response Android users have received is "we have no updates at this time" and "we'll pass your concerns along." Are you guys officially killing off the AR experiment, or are you just not all that serious about it?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: So... is Bose AR dead?

Hi LowkeyNemo, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I completely understand your frustrations regarding this and can only apologize for the delay regarding this. 

I understand that you don't want to hear the reply of we have no updates at this moment in time however this is still currently the case with this issue. It has been raised multiple times by us Moderators and the team is aware of the high demand for this feature. We will update the community as soon as we know more regarding this and once again I am sorry for the delay in bringing Bose AR to Android. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

LowkeyNemo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hector, I understand that you're giving the response you're supposed to give. I also feel for you having to field questions from angry consumers. I've worked customer service. It really sucks some days. Please know that none of my frustration is directed at you.

That being said, the response given by you/Bose... well it sucks, frankly. When you say that "the team is aware of the high demand for this feature", it completely negates the issue at hand. This isn't just an "extra feature" that's thrown in with the glasses. This is a main component of this product. If I just wanted a pair of Bluetooth sunglasses, I would have bought a pair of Zungles and saved the $50 (which supposedly ALSO have some bass to them; something Bose sunglasses lack). These never should have been released without proper support, and the response you have given shows that the support is not there. The proper response to my question would have been an honest "we just don't really care about Android users". And honestly, that perspective is fine if it's advertised. There are multiple reputable companies that cater strictly to iPhone users. I'm not mad at that. But I don't appreciate being sold a product in "beta" while it's being advertised as a fully functioning product.

Hector, I hope your day is wonderful. I hope you take no offense and realize that this isn't a personal attack. But right now, Bose can kick rocks.

AndroidARNow
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Stop the bs. This isn't a delay. This is we don't care and prefer to pump out as many products as we can. That is horrible. If I don't see change by Thanksgiving I request a refund. It doesn't matter it's way over due. So is ar for android.