Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Soundwear on windows 10 - doesn't show as an audio device

Can't get this to allow me to pick a board that is relevant to the Sounwear either - probably me....

I connected my soundwear via bluetooth but is showing in other devices - which means I can't do anything with it - is this because it doeasn't work at all with Windows 10 - in which case I need to return it - or there was some fixable error I made in connection. I believe there's no bose app for windows...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundwear on windows 10 - doesn't show as an audio device

Author Accepted Answer selected by steveH-UK

Hey steveH-UK, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having some setup issues, I would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, please make sure that your PC supports the Bluetooth profiles A2DP and AVRCP otherwise you won't be able to use the speaker with this system. 

If your computer is compatible and still won't connect please try and add an incoming COM port on the PC, this can be done by opening Control Panel, then search for and open "Change Bluetooth Settings." Choose the "COM Ports" tab in the Bluetooth Settings window. On the COM Ports tab, choose "Add," select "Incoming" and click "OK." Reset the Bose system and then try to pair it again.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Soundwear on windows 10 - doesn't show as an audio device

Author Accepted Answer selected by steveH-UK

Hey steveH-UK, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having some setup issues, I would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, please make sure that your PC supports the Bluetooth profiles A2DP and AVRCP otherwise you won't be able to use the speaker with this system. 

If your computer is compatible and still won't connect please try and add an incoming COM port on the PC, this can be done by opening Control Panel, then search for and open "Change Bluetooth Settings." Choose the "COM Ports" tab in the Bluetooth Settings window. On the COM Ports tab, choose "Add," select "Incoming" and click "OK." Reset the Bose system and then try to pair it again.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Soundwear, Windows 10, microphone does not work

Soundwear microphone shows up as "disconnected" in Windows 10. Paired via Bluetooth. Speakers work. All drivers current. Bose device selected in sound settings. Please advise how I get the microphone to be recognized.