Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Standby Timer not working

The "standby timer" functionality is not working with my Bose small Alto glasses because no matter what I set it to within the Bose connect app, after less than 5 minutes of silence in the meditation track that I'm listening to, the glasses disconnect. 

I am using a Moto X4 (Android version 9) and Bose firmware version 4.0.3.

These are new glasses - only a few weeks old. Please offer a suggestion that doesn't require updating the firmware because the last Bose frames I had stopped being able to connect to this phone (but not other devices)  once I updated the firmware.  I had to get new Bose frames as a result. Unless you know for sure that an update will fix the problem and that I won't brick my glasses again, I don't want to update the firmware.  I really can't afford to be without these glasses.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Standby Timer not working

Hello, 

I am sorry to hear that you are having connectivity issues with your Frames. 

I want to determine whether or not this is an issue with the stand by or your Frames Bluetooth functionality. 

Is it consistently after 5 minutes your Frames disconnect or does this time vary?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Re: Standby Timer not working

Thank you for the troubleshooting suggestions.   Sorry for the delay in my response.   I was not able to reproduce (with silence tracks or the Headspace meditation app) the auto-shutoff problem I described and the problem has not re-occurred organically either, with me using the Frames every day.    Since the problem had occurred for multiple days before my original posting, I don't understand what changed, but for now my Frames are working without issue.  I will post again if the problem resurfaces.

Thank you,.