Highlighted
Newframes
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Status light question

When using the frames the status light will turn on then off periodically. What does this mean? They will also sometimes turn off for no reason and I will have to click the button to reconnect. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Status light question

Hi @Newframes,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

In regards to your query, the LED will display the status of the Bluetooth connection with a device:

• A slow blinking white light means the Frames are ready to connect or connecting.
  • A fast blinking white light means the Frames are connected.

If you're noticing the Frames are powering off randomly when being used, that could be a sign of a further issue. Are you finding that this issue happens frequently? What device are you using with the Frames to play audio and how far is that from the Frames when you're using the Frames?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Newframes
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

As mentioned the status light goes on then off periodically when the frames are in use. 

Neither of the instances you mentioned apply. 

Hi @Newframes,

Thanks for clarifying.

Do you notice music/audio cutting out or stopping when the light goes off then back on?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Newframes
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

No it seems to operate normally. 

Hi @Newframes,

I understand. At what point do you notice the LED periodically turning on/off? Is this shortly after connecting the Frames to a device? Or, is it completely random?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Newframes
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Seems random. 

Hi NewFrames, 

Thanks for confirming this. I am sorry this persists. 

I would recommend you check for any available firmware updates for your Frames. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Please let us know if this shows any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support