Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Third party clear lenses?

I get Bose doesn't make clear lenses. But does anyone know howor whom to get them not through bose? Could a glasses shop make a custom size clear lens?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Re: Third party clear lenses?

To ChrisacoS:

The most informative thread that I know of on this topic is linked below for getting prescription lenses, just get clear non-prescription lenses instead. Disregard the corporate responses, as they make no sense at all. Bose makes and sells interchangeable lenses for these frames to change the lens color so you LOOK good (how stylish of them Smiley Frustrated ) they just don’t want you change the lenses to something that might actually allow you to SEE good. I hope that you see the folly of their position on this (I’m hoping that that at some point Bose eventually does).

https://community.bose.com/t5/Bose-Frames/Prescription-Lenses/m-p/176732#M2

Highlighted

Re: Third party clear lenses?

Hi All,

I'm happy to let you all know we do have an update for those of you who are interested in prescription lenses for your Frames. 

As of 12/19/19 Bose Frames are now "prescription-ready" in the United States! This means for existing and new customers in the US only, your warranty will now be upheld should you choose to add prescription lenses (sunglasses or other) to your Bose Frames through any licensed prescription lens installer, regardless of the date you purchased them. More information on this can be found HERE.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.