singhvi_kunal
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2021

Re: Won't turn on

hello.

i have bose frames from the past 1.5 yrs.

i use them everyday and only since today it has started giving me troubles.

it won't start when the right temple is open. it'll start up if the right temple is closed but I can't use it like that please help. 

Marvin_B

Hi Singhvi,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you this issue.

May I know what type of Bose Frames do you have(Alto, Rondo, Tempo, Tenor, Soprano)?

Have you done any troubleshooting already?

Also, can you confirm what country/region are you currently in?

Let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
magwen
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2021

I am having the same problem with the right hinge. When it is closed, they work but when it is open, they turn off and won't turn back on until it is closed. I see others with this problem, how can it be corrected?

magwen
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2021

Re: Won't turn on (problem Solved: it's a design flaw Bose)

So how do you fix the problem with the right hinge issue?

arilx
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2021

I've have the same problem too.... cannot charge and on.... sometimes I can see the light blinking while charging... after that lights off... after that cannot on....

Rob2511
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2021

...AND ANOTHER PAIR NOW NOT WORKING !

Bose, I thought you were supposed to be a prestige company with a prestige product ! this was my first Bose product and on the basis of this experience of what has turned out to be a poor quality product and even worse quality service, I will not be buying any more.

Listen to all these customers Bose - sort out the problem and recall these frames

KevinFord
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2021

Re: Won't turn on - GOOD NEWS

Like many people here I seem to be having the same issue of the glasses not turning on but I was able to get them working again.  If you you leave the right arm closed, the arm with the power button, you can press the button and they will start up with the power level message and connect to your phone.  If you open the arm they will shut off.  This at least ruled out a battery issue and a Bluetooth connection issue.  I tried this a couple of times and then tried turning them upside down which will power them off.  I opened both arms back up and turned the power button and they worked fine.

I shut them off to try this approach again.  They did not power on as usual so I repeated the steps of powering them on with the right arm closed and opening the arm once it connected and played audio.  This worked but doesn't seem to be consistent.  Sometimes I have to turn them upside down again.

I've been trying this for about an hour and so far so good.  The key seems to be starting with the right arm closed. 

I did not try to connect to the Bose Online Updater but I may do that after a few days if this still persists.  As I saw in many other posts here, this happened suddenly and was not caused by any event such a drop or water damage.

I am very disappointed with Bose's support on this.  From the number of posts on this thread the problem seems to affect many customers.  They need to do a lot better than just respond with an apology and the bare minimum of information.  Do they have anybody looking into this who can provide an update?

I hope this works for you.  If anybody can provide more information or another solution, please post a reply.

Good luck,

Kevin

lfaeb
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2021

I updated my Alto glasses and the LED light is on steady on when it is charging but will not turn on.

Marvin_B

Hi lfaeb.

Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear about your Frames. Please try troubleshooting the issue using the steps from this LINK

Let us know how it went.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Niven
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2021

Hi,  I am also having the issue, whereby the sunglasses are completely off, does not charge, none of the lights come on. Pressing the button numerous times does not help.

I live in South Africa and purchased in New York, so what are my options for technical assistance (without having to fly back to NY)