Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

crackling noise on left speaker

I received as a gift a nice Bose Frames Alto Glass and I was very happy. I open the box today and I connect the glasses to my iPhone. Unfortunately, the left part of my glasses makes some very strange noise. I made the SW update, I tried on different devices and I got the same problem.

Did anyone face a similar problem? 

Any ideas what else I can try? 

can someone provide a bose customer support email ? on the website there only a phone number. 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: crackling noise on left speaker

Hi CSN,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are getting a crackling noise on one side of your frames and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already for this, so thank you for doing that and letting us know. Testing with other devices and updating the software are both great places to start with this.

It would be worth us clearing the Bluetooth pairing between the Frames and your devices and then reconnecting them to see if the issue remains. To clear the pairing list on your frames you would need to:

• Power off the Frames by flipping them upside down for 2 seconds. The status light glows solid white then fades to black.
  • Turn the Frames back the right way up.
  • On the right temple, press and hold the button until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared,” and the status light slowly blinks white.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, then I would recommend getting in touch with support. We would usually recommend calling in, as this is the quickest and easiest way for us to resolve any issues with you. You can find their contact details HERE by selecting your country/region and scrolling down to select 'contact us'.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Thank you Keith L.

I followed the recommendation and advice. Same issue. It seems that this is an HW issue. I tried a different pair of glasses and the difference is huge.

As I mentioned before my glassed has been activated today. So we are talking about a new product. 

I'm disappointed that I was not very lucky with this product.  I didn't expect from Bose to have this quality issue. 

I'll be in Eastern Europe for some months and not able to return the product. There is no Bose official representation here and the local distributor is refusing to repair it on warranty. 

I'll try to get in contact with the support, but I'm not very optimistic that can be solved on the phone.

Thanks again

Highlighted

Hi CSN,

Thank you for trying that and letting us know.

I can understand why you would prefer to email the support team! What country/region are you from originally? I may be able to find an email address for your local support team there.

I could also try and find you the contact information for the support team in the country you are in currently as well if you would like.

Just let me know and I will have a look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Hi Keith L

Thank you again for your support. I'm based in Chicago but I'm currently working in Romania for a few months.  the time difference is 8h reason why I prefer the email.

thank 

CSN

Highlighted

Hi CSN,

Thank you for that information.

I haven't been able to find a direct email address for the US support team for you, the only contact information available can be found HERE. If you are unable to call, it could be a good idea to try the chat or SMS services instead.

The contact information for our Romanian support team can be found HERE. As you are currently in Romania, contacting this team is likely to be the quickest and easiest way to resolve this.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Thank you again Keith L.

I managed to call the Romanian Bose distributor - service department, no reply. After that, I managed to discuss with a representative via webchat. I filled in the service form on their website and I'll send the product to them. Due to the fact that I don't have the invoice, the service will be charged.  😞 . It's really frustrating for a completely new product but I don't have any other chances to use the product. 

I'll call the US today in the afternoon for further clarification

thanks

CSN

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Hello again,

I just got a call from the Romanian bose distributor. They will not accept the glasses for evaluation/repairs without an original invoice ( that's impossible for me to get, but I'll try). They told me that mechanical intervention is not allowed and they can not help.

That's very very frustrating. 

any idea?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Hi 

I followed your advice, I called the US customer service and the message was " there is nothing that I can do", try to get in contact with European Bose customer services.  After that, they closed the conversation and call. INCREDIBLE. Extremely rude customer support.

So the conclusion is not positive. UK customer services sent me to the US, the (extremely rude) US sent me to the UK... and so one.
We paid hundreds of $ on equipment on equipment that is not working as expected and after that bose customer service sent you to solve their problem in different places.

Being a fault of Bose  - That's not acceptable.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Has the crackling sound on your bose frames resolved? I have the same issue with my rondo. I bought it a month ago and now the speaker on the right has that annoying crackling sound.