Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

sound skips

I wear my frames when I walk 2 miles each day.   As I'm walking, the songs fairly often skip words.   I'm not sure whether the wind is affecting the sound, whether the bluetooth capability is poor (because of the trees around me), or if there's something wrong with the frames, themselves.   I suspect it's the bluetooth - but want to be sure - before I just accept that's how it's going to always be (living in Rural Wisconsin).

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: sound skips

Hey @G-Ann, thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry to hear that you seem to be having some connectivity issues with your Bose Frames. I'd love to see what I can do to help with this.

Do you notice that this only occurs when you are outside walking? Does this happen when indoors?

Have you tried connecting any alternative devices to the Frames, just for testing purposes?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Inside the house, it still skips, tho' very infrequently.  I tried strapping my phone to my arm instead of keeping in my back pocket when I walk, and that made a huge improvement.  Don't quite understand how the bluetooth transmits...so I don't know why that helped. Anyway I can confirm it's not the wind, as yesterday was quite breezy which had no effect on the sound.

Highlighted

@G-Ann Thanks for getting back to me and confirming this information. 

I just want to confirm if you have connected the Frames to another device and experience the same problem? As the connection seemed to stabilize when your phone was kept closer to the Frames, I want to see if this is consistent with other devices.

Could you please also try clearing the pairing list on the Frames by following the instructions HERE. You'll also need to delete them from the Bluetooth list on your phone.

Let me know if this improves anything.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!