Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 6, 2020

v35 apps not playing

Now that I am using more apps I find that the sound from the apps in not coming through the surround sound at all, but the regular TV sound is still coming through. I understand this is an issue with the ARC. I had a tech come in and install an optical cable but still no sound. Not sure if its a settings issue or what. I don't believe the hdmi is plugged into the arc slot in my q80r Not sure if that matters. It was originally urged in but I changed it to see 9f that would help. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: v35 apps not playing

Hey @BostonGeorge,

Welcome to the Bose Community.

When you state that you're getting no audio from apps, could you please let me know which apps these are?

The Lifestyle V35 does not support HDMI ARC. Therefore, you'll not be able to pass audio from the TV back to the Lifestyle V35. You can connect your source to the control console and then through to your TV. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Apps like Disney, and Netflix. Pnly audio comes through the TV but I have an optical cable connected because I read that would fix it 

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming. 

I would recommend heading to your sound menu and making sure that you have digital audio out selected instead of HDMI ARC. 

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.