Sleepbud Electronic Hum Complaint

Quiet Contributor

Sleepbud Electronic Hum Complaint

I bought a pair of sleepbuds about a month ago, but returned them for a different pair since they emitted a high pitched sound during use.  I heard this high pitch sound mostly in the left ear.

I noticed that when they are activated/play the selected sound, the sleepbuds emit a hum.  This low level sound, sounds like a high piched frequency, or similar to what a speaker would sound like when it has too much power running to the speaker, if I pause the audio the high pitch frequency stops.  This electronic sound can be heard over each of the select recordings and is too distracting to for sleep.  

Since I have tried two pair, I am wondering why the buds emmit an elecronic hum when the play button is pressed?  Is this a normal function for the bud?  Should the sleepbud when playing sounds, be completely clear of any electronic artifact?  If this is just the design of the bud, I will have to return them as they will not be the best fit for me.  

Does anyone else hear this feedback in the bud?

Yes, I have updpated the case and the sleep buds.

5 REPLIES

Re: Sleepbud Electronic Hum Complaint

Hi ASEAGUY1,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. We are very sorry to hear about the multiple issues you had with your Sleepbuds and can understand how frustrating that can be. It seems like you've done some troubleshooting already and we really appreciate that. 

Here are a few more suggestions that you may want to try that might help:

• Please test the Sleepbuds with another device. This will help to narrow down where the issue is. 

• Try resetting the charging case by inserting a thin paper clip in the hole on the back of the case until you hear a "click".

If none of this helps or improves your experience, we encourage you to contact our dedicated Sleepbuds Support team to assist you with a further solution. Contact information: (800) 905-1273 (Mon-Sat 9am - midnight, ET).

Thank you again, and let us know how everything works out for you!

Mohsin - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hey!

I’m experiencing the same problem and I’m in my 30 day return window. The problem started a couple days ago and the left earbud emitted this high pitched sound that does cause me to wake up at night! I’m going to try to get another pair, but I really would like to see this fixed, as these are the only things that have helped me sleep at night.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

My second pair is making the same noise. Frustrating as I really want them to work.
Silent Starter

I got my sleepbud last week. I foud there is a little electric current sound in the left sleepbud when I just put it into my left ear. I tried restart charging box and use onther phone to use it,but the little current noisy always be there……

Hi Corvo,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.  I would recommend contacting your Sleepbuds support team for assistance. Here is the contact information: (800) 905-1273 (Mon-Sat 9 am-midnight, ET).

Regards,

Tony G