With latest iPhone7 update, I get an error saying this (charging) device is not approved? HELP!

Silent Starter

With latest iPhone7 update, I get an error saying this (charging) device is not approved? HELP!

As a music therapist, quality sound is vital so I had purchased a Bose charging dock (iphone 4) for my Wave Radio system and have been using a connector for my new iphone 7.  All was working well, until my phone updated and now won't play at all thru the charging dock.  Called the Bose tech support for a 1.5 hour call the first time this happened and was able to at least use the iphone with a cable to route directly into the AUX 1 port. 

Now with the latest iPhone update, it will not connect at all either thru the AUX1 port or the charging dock - so no music for my clients! CD still plays but they sometimes skip or there is a clicking sound that won't stop.  This is very frustrating and I do not have time to waste on another call to tech support.  If BOSE has an agreement with Apple befor to make a charging dock, why are these issues coming up??  One thing I have noticed that the display used to toggle from AUX1 to AUX2 but it now just says AUX??  Please help; music is so vital to my clients' healing processes!

3 REPLIES

Re: With latest iPhone7 update, I get an error saying this (charging) device is not approved? HELP!

Hi MusicTherapy,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

Is the AUX 1 port on a 3-CD changer that is beneath your Wave system?

When you get the error stating that the device is not approved, does the phone still charge?  With past iPhones, if this happened the phone would still charge and play without issue.

Do you happen to have any other iPhones you can test this with?  Either newer or older?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Silent Starter

Re: With latest iPhone7 update, I get an error saying this (charging) device is not approved? HELP!

thanks for getting back to this Help Request. Answers below:

Is the AUX 1 port on a 3-CD changer that is beneath your Wave system?

YES

When you get the error stating that the device is not approved, does the phone still charge?  With past iPhones, if this happened the phone would still charge and play without issue.

YES it still charges and was playing fine until the recent update on the iPhone7.

Do you happen to have any other iPhones you can test this with?  Either newer or older?

NO I don't have any other phones to test with?

Highlighted

Hi again MusicTherapy,

Thanks for the information.  It sounds like the 3-CD changer has disconnected from the back of your Wave Music System, which is why only "AUX" is showing, not "AUX 1" and "AUX 2"

Can you unplug the power from the CD changer, and unplug/replug the cable that goes from the 3-CD changer to the Wave system?  Make sure it's connected nice and snug, and then plug the power back in.  Does this help?

Best,

Brandon