DieterA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2017

Re: Bose SoundDock XT Volume Control Issue on iOS 11

Hi, the sounddock I use, I Used to take it with me sometimes to other rooms in the house. So it’s gets unplugged frequently. Also my phone has been restarted numerous times since the iOS 11 update, there have been 3-4 updates after iOS 11 already. So i don’t think that would fix the problem. Altough i tried this on your request, but no good result.
I haven’t contacted Apple about this because it’s the sounddock is the only thing that has issue’s with iOS 11.

Thank you for looking into this.
Michael@destefano.de
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

Hi Brent_B, this was the first measure i've done after the issue. Unfortunately it did not work. I've not reported it to apple until now. I thought it would be better Bose would do that.

Michael@destefano.de
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dwenson

Good news!!!! With the iOS 11.2 the issue is gone and history! It works fine now.🥇🥇🥇

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dwenson
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2017

Thanks all for checking and validating this issue on your speakers. I sent feedback to Apple the next day I posted this on Bose Community with this link. I got no response and was frustrated since I am expecting Bose to help escalating this issue directly to Apple. I am not expecting Apple to listen to one customer like me but it looks like they do.

I just updated my iPhone X to iOS 11.2 and it works perfectly. I am glad this got fixed though iOS SOFTWARE UPDATE based on analysis from the start.

DieterA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2017

Yes, iOS 11.2 fixed this issue. I wonder if they even knew about this. Anyway i’m Happy this is solved. 👍🏻
DieterA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2017

Yes!

iOS 11.2 fixed this issue. I wonder if they even knew about this. Anyway i’m Happy this is solved. 👍🏻
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

That is great to hear! Let us know if the issue returns in the future, or if you have any other questions. 

Thank you 

Daniellemarie330
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2018

Hi, I have a bose sound dock also and i am having the same exact problem with its volume on the speaker itself and I have long lost the remote so I have to find a way to be able to turn up and down, however I do not use apple with it, I use my samsung phone and an aux cord... i can only turn it up to the max with my phone and that is still very low on the speaker! Please help!! Thank you!
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Daniellemarie330,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your SoundDock system.

My recommendation would be to contact your local support center by phone to purchase a new remote control.  Please have the serial number from your system available so we can place an order for the correct remote.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support