Bose SoundTouch300 POWER ISSUED?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose SoundTouch300 POWER ISSUED?

Hi,

This is my first experience using Bose ST300 (got it a week ago as a gift), so really really really need advise for this one...

Get the status "Speaker is ready to play" in Soundtouch application on Laptop so can play the music sound...BUT after few seconds (3 seconds maybe), its turn off...try to turn it again, same issued repeated, turn on just only for few seconds then off..

Trying all option in advance setup (HDMI IN Direct Audio, HDMI-CEC, Auto-off) via Soundtouch app, turn on manually without connect to laptop, check the power cord, unplug and plug the cable power for resetting..not solve the issued. By the way, the Bose ST300 updated with latest software version 19.0.13. The connection using ethernet cable.

Please help for the solutions from anyone/BOSE.

Thanks,

Maul

7 REPLIES

Re: Bose SoundTouch300 POWER ISSUED?

Hi Maul,

Thank you for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but happy to help!

• Does this power issue only happen on the SoundTouch music sources or also from things like a cable box or DVD player?
  • Does the SoundTouch indicator on the soundbar also disappear when this happens?
  • Does the Wi-Fi indicator stay solid white or does it start blinking white or amber?
  • Can you try and reboot the speaker and router by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony,

the answer of your question :

• Does this power issue only happen on the SoundTouch music sources or also from things like a cable box or DVD player? Only happen on the ST300. DVD player and TV normal.
  • Does the SoundTouch indicator on the soundbar also disappear when this happens? after 3 seconds, all indicator disappear
  • Does the Wi-Fi indicator stay solid white or does it start blinking white or amber? step 1 : unplug and then plug the cable power, the wifi start blinking amber (about 15 blinks) then disappear. step 2 : continue turn on the ST using remote, the wifi will stay solid for 3 second then disappear as the unit off by it self.
  • Can you try and reboot the speaker and router by disconnecting power for 30 seconds? do the step as question #3, only take longer 30 seconds to plug the power and router, the result still the same..the power just off after few seconds..

Regards,

Maul

Hi Maul

Thanks for the update!

With all the LEDs disappearing like that, it definitely sounds like a power issue.  Is the soundbar connected to a power strip or direct in the outlet?  Can we try a different outlet in the house and if it's conncected to a power strip or surge protector, can we try and by pass it?

If these steps don't seem to resolve to the issue, it sounds like there may be an issue with the soundbar itself.  If that's the case, I'd recommend contacting support to find out what service options are available in your region.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony,

I already tried by power strip or direct with different outlet in the house, still have the issued.
I live in Phoenix Arizona US if you would like to assist this concern to the nearest Bose service.

Regards,
Mauly

Hi Maul

The best number for support in your area would be 1-800-379-2073.  They are open between 9 am - 9 pm Mon-Fri ET.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony,

If do the call to 1-800-379-2073, do they already know the issue or is it start from the beginning? they will asking same question/sugesstion and i will trying/answering like we did? to make easier, any possibility to let them know first the issue so when i call them, they can give me directly to the solution.

Many Thanks,

Maul  

Hi Maul,  

Let me PM you and gather some information so I can create a support file for you and document the issue.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A