Bose soundlink speakers and bluetooth mic

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose soundlink speakers and bluetooth mic

I purchased two bluetooth soundlink II speakers. My granddaughter is having an outdoor wedding. We plan on bluetooth music from the iphone which is doable. She has a concern no one will hear her vows.... Is there an inexpensive bluetooth mic to connect to the speakers during that time?

5 REPLIES

Re: Bose soundlink speakers and bluetooth mic

Hi Alfur

Thank you for joining the community!  Are you referring to the Soundlink Mobile Speaker II (has a built in foldable cover)?  If so, this speaker does not support the Bluetooth protocols in order to communicate with a microphone.  

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

Silent Starter

thanks for getting back to me so quickly Tony, These are the bose speakers I have....Soundlink 2bose speaker soundlink 2.jpgsoundlink 2

Hi alfur

Thanks for getting back to us with the model!  This is an interesting setup, as the SoundLink Color II was not intended as a PA system for use with microphones, so I can't recommend a particular type of microphone as they haven't been tested for this use. 

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support  

Silent Starter

Hi,

Just jumping in on this question. Its the same question, for the same thing. I am having a wedding shortly and I was hoping to use my BOSE speakers to project our voices during our vowels and speeches. My speakers a different however, so before buying a bluetooth microphone I wanted to check it it will work.

My Speakers are BOSE soundlink mini ll.

Hi Lukes,

Thanks for the question.  

I don't know about Bluetooth microphones, however if you do decide to use a microphone through the AUX connection you will need to make sure that it is a powered mic as the AUX plug does not provide power to external devices.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support