Lifestyle 650 Omni Jewel Speaker Stands

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Lifestyle 650 Omni Jewel Speaker Stands

Hi

In December 2018 I purchased the Bose Lifestyle 650 system in Black from a local authorised Bose Dealer. I also purchased online direct from Bose Europe a pair of Black Omni Jewel  speaker ceiling brackets and a pair of the floor stands for the front speakers. The local dealer came around just before christmas  to install the whole system and set up to work with our new Panasonoc Oled TV.

All was going well with the installation until the installer tested all of the speakers. The two front ones did not work. No matter how many times they worked with the plastic connection adapters to get the speakers to work they would not work. In the end we had to have the front speakers connected to the adapters that were supplied with the 650 system box. So there must have been a fault with the floor stand adapters.

I phoned the Bose call centre after Christmas to send some replacement speaker cable floor stand brackets. After a lengthy phone call the operator agreed to send what i thought would be some replacement adapters. About a week later they arrived they were the wrong ones.

Another phone call to the call centre. Spoke to the adviser and said the previous adapter they sent was the wrong one, i need the one that fitted onto the speaker stand. They could not help. So after another lengthy phone call they agreed to send by e-mail a label to attach to the speaker stand set and send back to Belgium.

I received the replacement speaker stands this week and re-installed today. To my dissappointment the speaker wire bracket adapters would not work again but when the ones supplied with the 650 system which are a different type and not made to fit on the speaker stands they worked.

This is very frustrating that I have spent over £4000 on a top of the range sound system from Bose and you supply a very cheap and flimsy plastic speaker adapter that is not fit for purpose.  I have now adapted the adapters supplied with the 650 system to fit on top of the steel top of the speaker stands but that was after cutting a section of the steel post out at the top/rear to accomodate the speaker cable and using No More Nails adhesive to stick the speaker and adapter to the top of the stand.

I know this is not right but it is very frustating that a cheap part has held up my enjoyment of my new expensive Bose system. This needs investigating for future customers who may have this issue arise in the future. We orignally had a Bose Accoustimass 3 speaker system and although it was over 15 years old the speaker cable attachments were of a much better build than your modern sound systems.

If you pay for a quality expensive sound system you would expect quality parts on the accesories to complement that system. Also I have purchased online from yourselves a Bose Wave system that also arrived just before Christmas so another £500+ spent with yourselves. I would like you to consider some form of compensation for the inconvenience that the above has caused to myself.

Many thanks

John 

5 REPLIES
Silent Starter

Re: Lifestyle 650 Omni Jewel Speaker Stands

I have run into this same issue. Recently purchased ceiling mount brackets for the rear speakers. Could not get them to work either wired or wirelessly. The next step was to try the adapters provided in the box and those worked great wireless (did not try wired). Well since I did not want to just leave these speakers on tables, I decided to try the floor stand brackets. Once again the speakers would not work with the floor stand adapters. Contacted Bose Support who agreed to send a new set of floor stands because they could not provide just the floor stand adapters. Got the new floor stands in and of course they don’t work either. Went ahead and just wall mounted the rear speakers because the wall mount kit allows for the use of the adapters that come in the LS650 box. This was not the ideal solution so very frustrated with Bose at the moment.
Audible Advocate

Hi 

Thank you for your reply I am happy that someone has the same issue with the speaker accessories and trying to get them to work. Very frustrating and dissappointed for what in total is a very expensive system that has shoddy attachments that are not fit for purpose.  I have also e-mailed Bose direct to complain about the poor workmanship and having to cut into my new speaker stands to adapt them to accomodate the alternative supplied LS650 adapters.

I await their reply with interest.

Thank you  

Hi John,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced with your speaker stands.

I'm currently looking into this as I've never heard of this happening before with the Omni Jewel Floor Stands.  Just to confirm, the issue you were seeing was with the speaker adapter that sits in the bottom of the speaker and mates it with the stand?  As well, you were unable to run the speaker wire through the stand to the speaker adapter?

Thanks,

Brandon - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi Brandon.

Just to confirm yes it is the speaker adapter that sits at the bottom of the speaker and mates it with the stand. The adapters that come with the floor stands are completely different from the adapters that come on the Lifestyle 650 system. The speaker stand ones as you are probably aware slot into the top of the steel pole of the stand with the wires going through to the base and connect with the Lifestyle system.

I have run the speaker wires through the stand the problem is when you connect the wires to the adapter and then connect that to the Omni Jewel speaker they do not work. As mentioned this is the second set of stands have sent the last ones back to Belgium for exchange.

Rather than send another set back to Belgium and wait another month the only option was to cut a part out of the top of the stand pole adapt the LS 650 adapters that were spare, attach to speaker and glue to top of pole/stand. Not what I wanted to do but it is very frustrating after spending hours trying to figure out what was wrong. The LS650 is a very expensive system and it is disappointing that one small plastic adapter has caused myself a lot of frustration and disappointment in what in general is a very good system..

This does need looking at as having two sets of stands and both faulty is not very good and I would expect some form of compensation for this having spent a lot of money on a what I thought was a quality product from Bose.

I am not the only person that has had this issue copy of the reply to my original post as below. I have also e-mailed Bose customer services direct a few days ago about this issue but have  received a reply yet.

Kind regards

John

I have run into this same issue. Recently purchased ceiling mount brackets for the rear speakers. Could not get them to work either wired or wirelessly. The next step was to try the adapters provided in the box and those worked great wireless (did not try wired). Well since I did not want to just leave these speakers on tables, I decided to try the floor stand brackets. Once again the speakers would not work with the floor stand adapters. Contacted Bose Support who agreed to send a new set of floor stands because they could not provide just the floor stand adapters. Got the new floor stands in and of course they don’t work either. Went ahead and just wall mounted the rear speakers because the wall mount kit allows for the use of the adapters that come in the LS650 box. This was not the ideal solution so very frustrated with Bose at the moment.

Thank you for the information, John.

I've reported your findings to the engineering team for their consideration. 

I will let you know if I hear anything from them.

Best,

Brandon