Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Acoustimass 10 setup with pre wired speaker wire

Help. I’m not super audio savvy... but I’m trying to setup my system to preinstalled speaker wire throughout my room.

spreaker wire is strung thought out the room, and all feeds into my Sony receiver presently.

Obviously, the speakers will not connect directly to speaker wire.

what do I need to do to make his system work?

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Acoustimass 10 setup with pre wired speaker wire

Hi Trevorc,

Welcome to the community! I'll be happy to help you work out the best way to get your speakers connected and ready to go.

The first thing I would like to double-check with you, is which model of the Acoustimass 10 are you looking to set up? If you are unsure you can check this with our Product Identifier.

The first thing that will need to be considered with any of the Acoustimass 10 models, is your individual speakers won't connect directly to the amplifier itself, how they work is they will connect to the bass module, and the bass module then connects to the amplifier as shown in the images below.

A 10 connections 2.jpgA10 connections 1.jpg

Once you have the bass module connected to the amplifier, you will need some adapters to get the speaker connected to your in-wall wires. Which exact adapters you will need will be dependant on the model of Acoustimass 10 though, so let me know that and I'll look for the correct ones for you.

Alternatively, you can reach out to your local support team to find these adapters, as this will be the best place to order them from as well. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page. One of the teams here will be happy to help find and order the correct parts for you.

I hope this helps! Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.