Highlighted
ZYE
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

BOSE LIFESTYLE 650

Hi guys i have recently purchased the bose 650 the question i want to ask is that with the volume set at 40 and the levels of treble bass surround all turned to zero with a track that playing which has a decent bass line what im experiencing is that the bass module is makes like a popping/flapping  distorted sound.

Does anybody know if this is normal when the volume is at 40 on a mid range bass track or could there be something wrong with my equipment.

Also guys the acoustimassline in on the back of the subwoofer  what is that for as there is an identical lisubwoofer line in at the back of the receiver.

thank guys and i hope someone can help

zye

1 REPLY 1

Re: BOSE LIFESTYLE 650

Hello ZYE, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are experiencing some popping issues with your Acoustimass module. Typically, this behavior is seen to be caused by Wi-Fi interference and occurs when the bass module switches radio frequencies to find a less congested one. Wi-Fi characteristics are environmental and unique to each customer’s network configuration, device usage, and surroundings. I would suggest moving the Acoustimass to another part of the room to see if this helps. Things like WiFi routers and Bluetooth speakers are things to avoid having near the speaker. 

If you need assistance after this, please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support