Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Bose S1 Pro battery drain issue resolved with recent update?

Not sure this is the right place to post this since there is no obvious choice for the Bose S1 Pro so I'll put it here. Please move as needed. I generally don't post here but I know there are long threads somewhere about the issues with battery drain if the S1 Pro is left off the charger. Both of my units suffered this but it was not a big issue for me since I always leave my speakers plugged in until I use them. But someone over on AGF posted that a recent firmware update fixed the issue so I have begun a test of that. I have updated both speakers to the latest firmware and it's true - the battery drain issue seems to have been fixed! Yay!!

Now, Bose, when will we see the S2 Pro? I don't know there is one but I'm assuming there is since other manufacturers are upping the game in the portable, battery powered performance speaker category! I expect a third full XLR-1/4" combo input, app-controlled EQ and effects and more power. Oh, in the same size and weight speaker, please! Seriously though, looking forward to what's next from Bose. We love our 2 Bose S1's and we use them for our acoustic duo regularly.