Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Bose Soundsport Wireless randomly restarts

Recently my Bose headphones started bugging out and now restart every 30 seconds.  My earbuds are up to date and dont have any other damage to them.  Is there a solution to this?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose Soundsport Wireless randomly restarts

Hi a_diseye, 

I am sorry to hear that your headphones appear to keep restarting. 

What exactly happens? Do they lose connection? 

Do let us know as we would love to do what we can in order to get this resolved for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

If I turn off my headphones, about 30 seconds later they turn back on without me touching them or if I pause any audio, the headphones will restart.

Highlighted

That's is very unusual. Resetting the headphones will correct any minor processor errors which may be causing this.

To do this:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute

4. Turn on the headset

Let me know the outcome of this.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

My headphones won't stay off for more than 20 seconds so I'm not quite sure how I am supposed to restart it.  Is there an alternative way

Highlighted

I understand! Next, could you please visit btu.bose.com on your computer and attempt to install any available firmware updates. I'm aware that your headphones may disconnect during this timing making this not possible, but please let me know if this is the case.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

The website says my product is up to date

Highlighted

Thanks for looking into this. 

If this is the case, what I would suggest is that you reach out to your local support team for further assistance. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

An agent here will be able to get this resolved for you.