Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Cannot choose options such as edit.

For a few weeks now I haven't been able to choose any options like editing my posts using the 3 verticle dots on the right hand side. I can hover the cursor over them or click on the dots to reveal the pop up options but as soon as the cursor moves away from it the options disappear and don't hold fast to make a selection. I'm using Safari v. 12.11 on Mac running OS v.10.14.5. Not a big deal but thought I'd bring it to your attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Cannot choose options such as edit.

Author Accepted Answer selected by grmedhat

Hi there @grmedhat!

@Andy_B and I were having a discussion about this the other day, as we had encountered the same thing. 

After looking through the settings on the Community, we uncovered that if you go to "My Settings"-->"Preferences"-->"Display", there is an option there labelled "Display menus dynamically with mouse over".

If you have this enabled, then you encounter this situation as you have here whereby the icons may disappear if you don't take a direct route with the mouse.

When this setting was disabled, the mouse-over no longer displays the options, but all the boxes will stay until you click an option or click off of this.

Please see the image for reference to the setting you're after, and let me know how this goes 😊!

Liam W - Community Support

Display Menu's dynamically.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by grmedhat

Hi there @grmedhat!

@Andy_B and I were having a discussion about this the other day, as we had encountered the same thing. 

After looking through the settings on the Community, we uncovered that if you go to "My Settings"-->"Preferences"-->"Display", there is an option there labelled "Display menus dynamically with mouse over".

If you have this enabled, then you encounter this situation as you have here whereby the icons may disappear if you don't take a direct route with the mouse.

When this setting was disabled, the mouse-over no longer displays the options, but all the boxes will stay until you click an option or click off of this.

Please see the image for reference to the setting you're after, and let me know how this goes 😊!

Liam W - Community Support

Display Menu's dynamically.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Thanks. That seems to have solved the problem.