Camiwallace81@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Cant play spotify through paired speakers

We have 2 soundtouch 10 speakers set up in the soundtouch app and a premium spotify account also set up in the soundtouch app. We can play spotify music through 1 speaker whithout a problem but we cannot play music when the speakers are paired. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Cant play spotify through paired speakers

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums! 

It's so great to hear that you are wanting to make the most of your systems by using the grouping feature of your SoundTouch app. Let's get you up and running. 

There is a great tutorial here explaining how to utilize the grouping feature. It would be really great to know which part of this process is failing. This would help us to find the route cause of the issue. 

It would also be good to know what device are you running the SoundTouch app on. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Camiwallace81@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Hello

Thank you for the message.

I am not actually trying to play multi room but 2 speakers in 1 room, left and right.

However this doesnt work either way.

When they are paired, it wont play any music and when i follow the multi room tutorial that you sent, sound only comes out of the first speaker. It lets we add the 2nd but there is no sound.

So i can pair the speakers i just cant get sound to come out. Through the soundtouch app, it wont play a song. Through spotify i can play the song but there is no sound.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hello, 

Thank you for getting back to us. I am very sorry that this did not appear to be successful for you. 

What I would next suggest that you do is ensure both of your speakers are up to date with the latest firmware. You can follow these instructions on how to perform a manual update of your speakers. 

Do let us know if this shows any sign of improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.