Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Customer Support and Transparency

Hello, I just joined the community recently and I noticed that the customer supports are only replying when they have good answer for themselves, when they don't have the answer they will either disappear and ignoring the questions or answering in an evasive or not really answering the questions.

I would really love to see a great improvement for this matter and also the transparency regarding Bose products both hardware and software information.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Re: Customer Support and Transparency

I have an older SoundLink with chirping and a system that didn't seem to be taking a charge.  After speaking to (Chat/Joey) a repair(?) person and giving him the model/serial # and doing what diagnostics he could we decided to just pack the speaker up and send it in for repair.  After owning the speaker for 8 years I really don't mind paying for the repair ($75).  Within minutes I was e-mailed the packaging form for UPS, took the speaker to UPS who packed it for me at no charge to me.  It has been a very simple straight forward process.  I have to say that after 8 years the sounds from my speaker are a great as they were when I first bought the speaker (@$350) and I look forward to getting the speaker back and up and running in "2-3 weeks".

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Re: Customer Support and Transparency

Hi there,

We seem to have similar observations with regards to support and transparency here in the BOSE forum. 

I posted this topic: 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/Soundlink-Mini-2-SE-no-bluetooth-standby-feature-Why-Soundlin...

last March 29, 2020 and I haven't received any feedback or answer as of this time.

I also have been posting my feedback/comments in the Soundlink Mini 2 Special Edition website:

https://community.bose.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Introducing-the-SoundLink-Mini-II-Special-Editi...

.. with the hope that technical support would take notice and give me some answers or even at best implement the feature that I was asking for, but sadly, administrator, tech support, moderators are all too silent as of this time.

May I ask now, how long is the usual time for them to answer/comment/give feedback to topics like this?

I'm now at about 85% on agreeing to you that they only answer if you have good comments about the product. Either good comments or those that are really bad, but with regards to making the product more desirable they seem to stay quiet.

I'm wondering if they will delete this comment, well I already sent my point.