Highlighted
zambezia
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

How to connect Wave Sound touch System IV to Lifestyle 135

I need every little help for connecting with intention of expanding my Lifestyle 135(2012 version) to the Wave Sound touch IV. so far i have Sound touch Wireless Link & Wave Sound touch IV available with me here in Middle East. However the Lifestyle 135 is in Cape Town. I travel in 3 weeks. I need get everything i would need before travelling. Its for some New Year celebration purpose.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to connect Wave Sound touch System IV to Lifestyle 135

Author Accepted Answer selected by zambezia

Hi Zambezia,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

All you would need to connect those devices together would be the cables included with the systems, a Wi-Fi connection and the SoundTouch app on a smartphone, tablet or computer. 

What you would need to do is connect both the Wave SoundTouch Music System IV and the Wireless Link Adapter to your Wi-Fi network through the SoundTouch app, Instructions on how to do this can be found on this link.

To connect the Wireless Link Adaptor to the console we would want to connect a cable from the 'Audio Out' port on the Link Adaptor to input 4 or 5 on the Lifestyle. All cables necessary for this should be included with the Wireless Link Adaptor. Once connected, we would need to use the setup menu on the Lifestyle to add the Adaptor as a source. To do this we would:

• Press the 'Setup' button on the remote.
  • From the menu, select 'Add New Device'
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to let the system know that we have connected an audio device. ( from the available options, I would usually select something like 'CD Player' as closest to what we are using.

Once the setup is complete, we can select the source we have set as the Wireless Link Adaptor, and play music to the Lifestyle from the SoundTouch app. To get both systems to play together in the app, all we would need to do is start playing music to one of the systems, from the app or Bluetooth, and use the 'Play All' option in the app.

If you need any help getting this setup when you are with all the systems, you can either ask for further assistance here or contact your local support team from this link.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by zambezia

Hi Zambezia,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

All you would need to connect those devices together would be the cables included with the systems, a Wi-Fi connection and the SoundTouch app on a smartphone, tablet or computer. 

What you would need to do is connect both the Wave SoundTouch Music System IV and the Wireless Link Adapter to your Wi-Fi network through the SoundTouch app, Instructions on how to do this can be found on this link.

To connect the Wireless Link Adaptor to the console we would want to connect a cable from the 'Audio Out' port on the Link Adaptor to input 4 or 5 on the Lifestyle. All cables necessary for this should be included with the Wireless Link Adaptor. Once connected, we would need to use the setup menu on the Lifestyle to add the Adaptor as a source. To do this we would:

• Press the 'Setup' button on the remote.
  • From the menu, select 'Add New Device'
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to let the system know that we have connected an audio device. ( from the available options, I would usually select something like 'CD Player' as closest to what we are using.

Once the setup is complete, we can select the source we have set as the Wireless Link Adaptor, and play music to the Lifestyle from the SoundTouch app. To get both systems to play together in the app, all we would need to do is start playing music to one of the systems, from the app or Bluetooth, and use the 'Play All' option in the app.

If you need any help getting this setup when you are with all the systems, you can either ask for further assistance here or contact your local support team from this link.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

zambezia
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

thanks Keith,

The guide is very comprehensive. 

kind regards

Zambezia