Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Link To Solved Post

Is there a way to create a link to a post marked as solved that includes all the responses to the post and not just the 'solution' response?

I used to be able to copy and paste from the clipboard but now the paste doesn't include the whole post - just the solution.  Am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Link To Solved Post

Hi Joelirwin, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

In honesty, the best way to link other threads into a conversation is to take a direct link of the thread itself and copy and paste this into your post, you'll want the link from the first page of the topic. If there is a selected solution for the thread in question, the accepted solution will be the first post that the reader will view under the original query, however continuing to scroll down the rest of the thread will still be there for readers to work through. 

If I have misunderstood please let us know and we will happily assist further.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Link To Solved Post

People have too many things and 'rules' to remember.  They are most often on the final page and will not remember to go back to the first page (especially one with over 100 pages) to do the 'copy'.  When doing a reference to a post, more often than not, the person wanting a link just wants the user to see the whole post - not the final screen.  Suggest you provide a way if not from the address line to copy a link to the post without having the copier have to remember where they need to be in the post.