Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Possible to combine built-in ceiling speakers with Acoustimass 10 system

Hello:

I have the Bose Acoustimass 10 system that I plan to use in my media room; however, we also have two in-ceiling speakers which were purchased with the house. I am wondering if it is possible to use the already existing in-ceiling speakers as the rear speakers and just the front, center, and subwoofer from the Bose Acoustimass 10 system.

I've checked the in-ceiling speakers, and confirmed that they do indeed work. However, when I connected the rear speakers to their corresponding speaker posts on the Yamaha receiver, there is no sound that comes from the speakers.

Looking for a solution where I do not need speaker wires running the length of the room. Please advise.

Best Regards,

Ross

1 REPLY 1
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Possible to combine built-in ceiling speakers with Acoustimass 10 system

That would totally depend on your receiver and the speakers.  They would need to be full range speakers that could connect directly to your receiver speaker outs for those two channels.  You would use your Bose Acoustimass for the other channels and all the Bose speakers would connect to the Bose Acoustimass module.  From the Acoustimass module, they would connect to the remaining speaker outs on your receiver.  The likelyhood that the relative volumes would be correct is questionable, but it might be worth a try.

If your receiver is a Dolby Atmos receiver, you could even try using your Bose Acoustimass 10 for the 5.1 signals and use the ceiling speakers to make it a 5.1.2 system.