Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Soundtouch 10 Speakers Keep Dropping Connection

I have 4 Soundtouch 10 Speakers and 1 Soundtouch Link.  They have all been fully operational for a few years but within the last month I'm having serious problems with them.  Bluetooth connection keeps dropping, speaker keeps disconnecting from the Soundtouch App and speaker restarts, reconnects, then drops again.  I've tried factory resetting all speakers, I've tried adding and renaming all speakers, I've tried individual bluetooth connections to each speaker, I've tried AUX connection to one and grouping with other speakers, I've tried rebooting my router, I've tried connecting only one speaker while all other speakers are unplugged...nothing works and it's very frustrating how this just happened within the last month.  Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 10 Speakers Keep Dropping Connection

Hi Victorb1980, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with dropping the connection. I'll be more than happy to help you!

I would recommend making sure that your systems are running the most recent firmware. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this. 

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Thank you.  I tried doing the update by pressing the 4 and volume - button method and that didn't work.  Thinking that perhaps the update didn't go through, I tried connecting a wire to the speaker and doing it through my PC.  The address didn't work with the ":17008" portion in it, I keep getting "connection refused".  So I tried "203.0.113.1/update.html" without the ":17008" and that took me to the update screen where I could choose the update file I downloaded.  I select the file, click "upload" and it stays stuck on the first bar.  I let it go for 30 minutes and it stayed on just one bar and no other activity.

Highlighted

Thank you for coming back to me. This is certainly a strange behavior. 

Do you experience this with all the speakers or is it just one?

Let me know.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 14, 2020

With all.  They're all doing the same thing.  I even tried launching a music service from the Soundtouch app, like Amazon and Tune-in, and the speaker gets kicked off...again, happens with all of them.  It's like, anytime the speaker senses some sort of activity, it gets kicked off the network and causes it to reboot.  I have an orbi router with two satellites, both 2.4ghz and 5ghz is enabled, in case that means anything.

Highlighted

Thank you for coming back to me! 

That is certainly interesting. As you are experiencing the same issue across multiple speakers, it is more likely to be an issue in your setup than the speaker individually.

When you say Satellites, do you mean like an extender or a booster? If so, I would recommend unplugging one of them and leaving the Orbi router plugged and try again. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Do you experience this with all the speakers or is it just one?

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1