Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

The community needs a place where we can get help on the CS.

For the last few days, I’ve reported problems with the customer service I’ve gotten and heard there is nothing that moderators of the forum can do to resolve the issue.

However, I believe shutting up or hiding the problem will never be a solution. For most of the worldwide Boss users, this community might be the only place where they can openly discuss and complain. There is no email address available to the Boss headquarter, there is no person to complain about poor customer service or service-related issues.

While 60 to 80 percent of the solutions moderate give is to contact the service center, I sincerely doubt that there is a standard and reliable customer service everywhere. For example, for the past week or so, I could not get my NC700 replaced although the headphone would shutter, reboot, and won’t reset. They said they could not reproduce the problem. When I offered to take a recording of the problem, they said a recording cannot be a proof of malfunction, whatever that means. When I confronted with them with the shuttering issue, they were not aware of the problem at all and claimed it is normal to have a shuttering and cut-off of sound in Bluetooth products.

Now, that cannot be a customer service Bose would stand behind. Yet there is literally nothing I can do. I would sincerely and desperately make an official complaint to the headquarter and ask for a close review of the incident, or at least a decent explanation how come Bose would reproduce the problem before replacement of the headphone when they could not reproduce the same problem for over 4 weeks (or at least for the amount of time there was no such update on the matter) or not take a recording as a proof of the malfunction.

So, what choice do I have? Leave and never come back. After QC35 and QC35II to NC700, this was the first time I had such a serious issue that makes my device worthless. I will never return to Bose products after somehow, I get the refund of the current device, (which they are still trying to reproduce the problems.) and I will do my very best to warn people about how **bleep**ty Bose products is and how unreliable your service is outside of US territory. A brand whose warranty does not hold up to a cent.

I cannot stop to think, if this community offered a way to discuss such matters, this would have been just a misunderstanding. But at the same time, the moderators made it clear there is nothing Bose can do for such absurd support.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: The community needs a place where we can get help on the CS.

Hi doblej92,

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear about this, this is not the level of customer service Bose aim to provide.

The mission of our Community is to provide a peer-to-peer channel for Bose product owners. Our moderators are also here to provide additional support whenever they can by providing advice and trouble shooting recommendations when necessary, but they are unable to provide dedicated and personnalized customer service to individual users. For this, we always advise users to reach out to their dedicated local Customer Support.

I will however reach out to you privately to gather further information about your experience.

All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Re: The community needs a place where we can get help on the CS.

@Anne_S 

Thank you for your reply! I know the purpose of this community and the moderators. However, at the same time, I am suggesting to have such space for other users, where they can talk about their experience on local Customer Support or at the very least, to have a possibility of resolving their issues with the customer service. 

Some of the local customer support is not the Bose but private-owned distributors and according to situations, their service can be the opposite of what Bose provides. The problem is, for now, there is no such place the ends users can go back to. It is not merely the problems the product has. It is not merely the problem of what kind of support users get. It is entirely about if Bose can have standardized service to its end-customer. What I experienced through the community and local service, I found Bose cannot.

This might not be a big deal. But disappointed customers will never forget their experience especially if they tried every means of communication they can ever think of.  Throwing $500 (Korean price) didn't feel that great. Realizing I couldn't get any help for the rightful service I should get from you guys was pretty frustrating. I hope it was only me, but I can bet, not that many people have tried this hard to communicate with you.