Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Turning on LGOLED65E8PUA tv with Bose 650 remote

I cannot seem to turn on my LGOLED65E8PUA tv with my Bose 650 remote. I can turn it off but not on. I tried every possible setting cec etc... please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Turning on LGOLED65E8PUA tv with Bose 650 remote

Hello aroffe,

Welcome to the Bose Community! I can appreciate that it is much more practical to have your universal remote working to control your devices as oppose to multiple remote controls. I would love to see if we can get this resolved.

Although you have stated that you have tried every CEC setting, I just want to run through this to make sure you haven't missed anything, as I do believe that this issue is likely to be related to CEC. 

Please head to your Lifestyle 650's CEC settings. Let's try toggling from DEFAULT ON to ALTERNATE ON:

1. Turn on the system and press the SETUP button at the bottom of the remote. The Unify menu will appear on the TV screen. If it doesn't, select the TV input the Bose system is connected to.
  2. Select the "CEC Settings" menu option
  3. Press the up or down arrows to highlight a different HDMI CEC setting:
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press OK to enable the highlighted HDMI CEC setting
  5. Press EXIT to exit the menu
  6. Retest the system

Additionally, please test your TV CEC settings. You should find this under the Simplink option on your LG TV. It may be under the Advanced Settings. 

Once you have done this, please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.