user123123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

What's with the website being so slow to load?

I've accessed it on multiple days, from mulitple devices, from multiple internet connections. 

https://community.bose.com is the slowest website I've used in years

8 REPLIES 8

Re: What's with the website being so slow to load?

Hello User123123,

Thank you very much for messaging the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the loading time of our website. 

We thoroughly appreciate your feedback regarding this. 

We would like to pass this forward and maybe provide some solutions for this issue. Can you please inform us what you have attempted in more details regarding make and model of devices, what connections you are using, internet browsers?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

user123123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

This page 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear/bd-p/wireless-headphones

Takes around 20 seconds to load. Tested about a week ago and again now on both macbook pro 2018 and iPhone 8. 

Hi User123123,

Thank you very much for confirming this. I can also confirm that this page does appear to be taking some time to load and I do apologise for this. 

We have passed this information forward. Something to note is that we are currently performing some work on the Community, this work might have played a part into this but we do thoroughly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

user123123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

Hi Tegan

It's still abominably slow. 

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Same here. It is like we are on a dial-up telephone connection.

Hello Danmarc,

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry that you are also experiencing slow Community pages. I have not been able to replicate this, I recommend that you clear your cache and browser history to see if this speeds up the pages loading.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Dear Zoe,

Thanks for the answer, but:

1. clearing cache is no use; same slow speed is on iPhone, iPad, Mac Book Pro and Win 10 PC, so is not from my devices
  2. slow speed is permanent, no matter the hour of the day or night; so is not because busy lines
  3. I have two internet providers, one with 300Mbps, static IP and one with 500Mbps; the router is a Dual Wan from Cisco, a semi-professional one; also, on iPhone 4G, your forum pages are loading very slow; so is not from my internet speed
  4. same slow speed occurred both when accessing from Romania and United States (during summer holiday); so is not because my permanent location.

Unfortunately, the only reasonable conclusion is that something happens at your side, maybe the server is overcrowded or is just not supporting the amount of increasing traffic.

The problem is a real vicious circle: the more technical problems Bose has (and, unfortunately, after the launch of the "Smart Home" line of products, there are plenty), the more disappointed customers will be, so the higher will be the traffic and the slower are loading pages.

Also, your CAPTCHA is a real pain in the ....

Hi Danmarc, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! We can confirm that we have made some improvements to the community recently and would love to know if you and any other user's experience in the community has been affected? If the community still seems to be a little slow for you please do let us know! 

It would also be useful to know as much information about which device you are using and if this issue occurs across all devices / Internet browsers? I look forward to hearing back from you all on this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B