Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

microphone issue during call

When listening to music the headphones sound great, when I'm on a call with someone, they sound great, however, I have been informed that there is a loud and constant buzzing from my end when I am on call with someone, and I tested this in voice memos and talking at normal volume I could not hear myself due to the buzzing

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: microphone issue during call

Hey afreedman,

Thanks for joining the Bose Community! I'll be happy to assist you. 

So that I can accurately support you for this issue with the microphone, could you please confirm which headphones you have?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I have the bose soundsport free yellow and blue

Highlighted

Hey @afreedman,

Thank you for confirming! Have you tried the steps HERE, to reset your connection and clear the previous pairing? It should help you out - but let me know how you get on.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I just tried that, and i still got a buzzing sound when I tried to use voice memos, nothing changed. 

Highlighted

Hi @afreedman,

I appreciate you trying that, sorry things haven't improved for you. Would you be able to let me know what phone/device you have the headphones connected to?

Have you tried using a different device to see if the issue is consistent?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I have it connected to an iPhone 7, I tried it on my Microsoft surface pro 5 as well and the same result happened. 

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this @afreedman

Let's try and perform a reset on the headset by following these steps below: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

I would also recommend that we ensure that your headset is up to date by connecting it to a PC via a USB charging cable, then visiting our online updater and following the on-screen instructions. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

just tried plugging it into the wall for 5 seconds then waiting a minute, nothing changed. and these headphones are up to date.

Highlighted

This does seem strange. Can I ask where you are when making these calls? Could you please check for any possible sources of interference at all? 

Thanks!