Highlighted
franrahway
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

no sound on Solo 5

There is no sound when I connect via Bluetooth from my HP laptop to my Bose solo 5. The laptop works properly with all other Bluetooth speakers and headphones. All other tablets and phones connect to the Bose and  play sound properly.. The laptop shows as connected and I could hear the Bose connect there is just no sound. The volume is up on both devices and nothing is muted. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: no sound on Solo 5

Hi franrahway, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are unable to get audio to play through your Solo 5 when connected to your HP laptop. 

Can you confirm for us what the Bluetooth LED states on your system when connecting to your laptop? The Bluetooth light on your product shows if your product is connected to a Bluetooth device: If the light glows solid, a device is connected; if the light is off or blinking, no device is connected.

I would also suggest performing a reboot of your laptop. 

Do let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

franrahway
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

The light on the speaker would be solid. I would also hear the beep on the speaker when it connected and on the laptop it would say connected for music. When i first paired it a window came up and said speaker now ready to use.

I tried a reboot with no luck also.

Hi franrahway,

Thanks for giving this a go for us, I am very sorry that this issue persists. 

Can you next clear the Bluetooth list of your Solo 5. To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

• On the remote control, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light is blue and a tone is heard. Once cleared, your product is ready to connect a new device.

Following this, please visit your Bluetooth settings in your computer and remove the Solo 5 from your device list. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M

franrahway
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I managed to get this working before attempting your last solution.  It appears that the my Amazon Alexa was connecting at the same time . I had to manually tell Alexa to disconnect. What is interesting is that when connecting any other device to my speaker, I didn't have to do anything with my Alexa, the other device just connected and worked properly. At least that's my best explanation. Thank you.