Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Bose QC35 II headphones vs. headset

I wasn't really sure how to word the title of this post, but the basic premise of my question is whether it will be possible for existing owners of the QC35 II headphones to purchase the boom mic and desktop control units separately to convert their headphones into the headset. I would imagine this is the case, but I have been unable to find any direct answer to this question on the product page. If I managed to miss this information, my apologies. According to the FAQ on the product page of the headset, "The QC35 II Gaming Headset offers the same combination of world-class noise cancellation, acclaimed lifelike sound and built-in dual-mic system as the QC35 headphones II. The main difference is that the QC35 II Gaming Headset has a removable gaming module, which adds a boom mic, mic mute, and comes with a PC desktop controller for volume control and mic monitoring." Based on that statement, they are functionally the same, with some extras in the box. Thanks for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC35 II headphones vs. headset

Hey @Wormyyyxd,

The FAQ you found on the product page is correct, and the headsets are functionally the same, bar the headset microphone module, and volume control pod. However, the boom mic and desktop units are not available to be purchased separately at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience, but be sure to stay up-to-date with our socials and the Community to be the first to know about product news and releases.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

How is the compatibility with tge new gaming mic? Can you connect this to bose qc 35 and/or bose qc 35 II? And can you buy the mic separate?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

This is a painfully ignorant decision from Bose. They know that the QC35 II is a popular pair of headphones, which they charged $350 each for, and now people are forced to pay another $329 for the same product? There's a huge market of existing QC35 II owners that would probably at least consider this, and even if there wasn't, the arrogance to say "oh well, screw those guys, they're gonna have to pay us again" is such a disgusting way for a company to treat its customers. I sincerely hope somebody wakes up and realises what they're missing out on with this simple ask. I'm trying to help you get more money, isn't that all you care about? Shocking.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2017

I agree, I have the QC 35 II and would love to add an official boom mic. I purchased an amazon knock off type for around $30 and it's terrible. It works, but it's flimsy and doesn't stay put. Why not counter these knockoffs by selling the real sturdy thing for us QC 35 II owners? You're leaving money on the table Bose, most QC 35 II owners aren't going to want to drop another $300 just for the boom option, but new shoppers will still spend the extra few bucks to get the gaming version. Do the right thing Bose!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

I am pretty sure Bose is taking care about all the feedbacks are collecting over this forum, as they see a lot of customers owning QC35 or QC35 II willing to buy the boom mic as a separate addon to these great headphones.

Personally I will love to complete my QC35 with such official Boom Mic from Bose, taking into consideration the times we are, where almost all of my team colleagues are in home office mode, and a lot of them have already either QC35 or QC35 II.

Please analyze the input from the market Bose!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I would buy a gaming headset mic accessory. However, I am not going to buy a new set of headphones for this convienience. Please provide this as an accessory. I think it would sell well.