Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Control Pod

Can I use the Bose Companion 5 Control Pod for Gaming instead of the PC Desktop Controller that comes with the QC 35II Gaming Headset?

When I plug in the PC Desktop Controller to my computer it shuts off audio completely. I need to disconnect the PC Desktop Controller to get audio when my Companion 5 Control Pod is still connected. I understand that one of the Control Pods may only be connected to the PC.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Control Pod

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I am sorry, this is not possible. The two controllers are different. Can I please confirm, is it the Gaming Headset that turns the computer off? Or is it the Companion 5? I would love to see if I can fix this for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2020

Thanks for your response! The Controller on the Headset shuts off audio if my Companion 5 Control Pod is also connected. I have to unplug the headset Controller to activate audio on the Companion 5. It's not a huge deal but a bit annoying.

Is there a work around?

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this! 

You won't be able to have both control pods connected at the same time as they will both try to take priority over the computer's audio. At this moment in time, there isn't any workaround for this. 

If any other users have managed to do so please do let us know below. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!