JDawggie
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Re: Gaming Accessories available for vanilla QC 35 II?

I absolutely love my Bose QC 35 II’s. It would be great to offer the gaming mic accessory for sale (at least to current registered owners). Perhaps a direct mailing to current QC 35 II owners with the opportunity to purchase? End 2020 on a positive note — anyone? 🙂 

Wormyyyxd
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

I find it so depressing and simultaneously not that suprising that a company like Bose will stoop to this level of **bleep**ty practices for profit.

Mortenhb
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Please give us the gaming module / mic as standalone produkt 

CutiePi
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hi, I've just bought the QC 35 II non gaming edition (this summer), why can't I just buy the mic module which is the only difference?

Do you really not want my money? No one is buying another headset just for this dongle, this is an insult to all your loyal QC 35 II non gaming edition user. 

pmmickel
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hello - Would like to find out if the microphone boom for the Quiet35 II headphones is available for purchase separately? I know the "gaming" version of Quiet 35 II includes this but do not want to re-purchase entire unit. Thank you. Best, Paul

jesusdevito
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

If anyone happens to see this comment, I can probably offer a bit of an explanation: Currently, the qc35ii's are on sale for 200 dollars, a sale price they have hit at least 3 times in the past 6 months afaik. furthermore, a quick look at ebay can find us the headphones sold for under 150 dollars in some cases. On Bose's on website we can see the qc35ii's marked down to 200 dollars. Should Bose have just released the mic + dial thing standalone to capitalize on people doing at home learning etc? Probably. But after an aggressive marketing campaign with celebrity sponsorships, Bose can't back out now, and if they were selling the original qc35ii's + microphone for less than they are selling the headset itself, that's going to look terrible for whoever is heading up this new gaming line of products.

All that to say that I see this going a couple of ways:

1. Bose caves, and announces on twitter that the accessories are being sold separately… for $120

2. They discontinue the qc35 ii's -- doubtful considering how long the qc25's lasted after the 35's released.

3. They don't sell the accessory, the product probably fails because it's a really weird angle to take at "luxury" gamers and the price is well above what most enthusiasts are willing to pay, and in 2 years when Bose gaming is dead they quietly release the accessory.

or,

4. The headset does poorly, and they permanently drop both it's and the original qc35's prices to around the 200 dollar mark and sell the microphone separately for a less prohibitive price.

mthayr
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

Add one more current QC 35 II owner who finds it a blatant money grab to only offer the gaming module with the purchase of an identical set of headphones to what I already own. Consumer sentiment is something Bose should be more concerned with than they currently seem to be. Sony has some awfully competitive offerings for Bose to be this complacent.

justin_a00
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Re: Gaming Accessories available for vanilla QC 35 II

For those of us who own the QC35 IIs, will a gaming module/boom mic upgrade kit be available in the future?  I've read conflicting information and would love to be able to upgrade the QC35 II headset considering many of us already dropped hundres of dollars on these.

Rolf34
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

Hello

I totally agree with the OP!

Have you some news ?

Hector_B

Hello all, 

Thank you all for posting and sharing your interest in the Gaming Accessories that come with the QuietComfort 35 II Gaming Headset. 

We don't have any further information on this at this time. We developed this product to fit the needs specific to gamers and wanted to bring it to market as soon as possible. We hear you all loud and clear on wanting to purchase the gaming module as an accessory. We are not able to offer the gaming module as an accessory now, but we are exploring options for this in the future to ensure smooth operation and will make announcements if it becomes a viable option.

If you have any other questions about the headset, please do let us know 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!