Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Gaming headset truck driving

I have been using Quiet Comfort 35 II in my truck. Often the background noise is too much for the person I am speaking to to hear me clearly.  Would the Quiet Comfort 35 II gaming headset with the microphone boom solve that problem?

What is the cable coming from the bottom of the mic boom?  I need the unit to be completely wireless.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Gaming headset truck driving

Hey Jelloats, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! It's great to hear that you are interested in our new Gaming Headset. 

This isn't something that will work as when the Boom Mic is connected to the headset Bluetooth is disabled. The cable that comes from the Boom Mic is connected to this mic which allows users to connect to their gaming console via a wired connection. 

We also advise that you don't use the QC35 II's while driving. 

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Well I’m glad you gave me that info before I ordered them. The Bose Customer Service person I spoke with told me that the Gaming headset is what I need!  That is disappointing to have gotten incorrect advice.

What I need is over the ear, noise canceling, Bluetooth, with a boom mic.  I am using QC35 II currently.  They work fine, except the background noise in the truck can make it hard for my voice to be heard clearly on the other end.  I think a boom mic would help.

What products should I consider?

Highlighted

Hey Jelloats,

For your particular needs, there isn't currently a Bluetooth headset we retail with a boom mic. However, the microphone array on the QC35 II headphones is a specifically designed dual-microphone system that provides clearer calls, even in noisy environments.

To ensure your microphone is performing correctly, ensure your product firmware is up-to-date HERE. Also, keep within the 33ft wireless Bluetooth range and even try testing the headphones with a different device to see if you notice an improvement in call quality!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

I am very disappointed as well.  Also,  I've tried Three Third party boom mics I found on Amazon.  NONE of them have sufficient noise canceling ability while driving.  I've had to go back to my BlueParrot headset.  However, its not over the ear, which I desperately need.